1. andy lee

andy lee

• Similar Content

• By mechanicalEYE
      I have a lightly ( few times ) used SLR Magic Variable ND that is 77mm for sale.

Only selling because I bought the 82mm

Asking $125.00 shipped within the USA

Paypal
    • By Sangye Ince-Johannsen
      I broke my L.C.W Fader Variable ND II a while back, and finally got around to replacing it. I decided to give the Bower variable ND a try, at $40. Bower makes decent lenses, so I thought I might luck out.
      And luck out, I did. It's definitely better than the L.C.W, with less bokeh striation / "texture", no noticeable color shift up to the strongest setting, and the characteristic 'X' pattern only shows up at the very strongest settings (7/8+), as opposed to on the L.C.W where it dominates the image at every strength above 2/3 or so. I haven't tried many higher end variable ND filters, but I'd like to see how this one stacks up against them. So far I'm very impressed.
      The only issue I have noticed is that the first 1/5 of the adjustment throw seems to go from a strong polarizing effect to a more transparent effect, without any ND loss or gain. After that the polarizing effect stays minimal, and the neutral density increases as expected. On the plus side, this quirk might mean that the filter could double as both a variable ND filter, and as a linear polarizer.

The bokeh texture / "striation" is my biggest complaint, but it's still not as coarse as the L.C.W Fader mk. II that I used to own.

The 'X' pattern also doesn't show up until a strength that I find myself unlikely ever to want to use anyway (e.g. T1.3, 1/50s, bright sunlight, ISO 1600).

Color shift is negligible. Sometimes green things seem to get an ever so slightly brownish cast, but it's so, so subtle.

Softening is also quite mild. In my testing it's not an issue, and if anything seems to be a subjective change rather than an objective softening. I have not used it on a lens longer than 85mm, though, so maybe it's worse on teles.

My verdict is that, for $40, this is should be an obvious choice for a budget VND. If I had more money of course I'd buy a Schneider, Singh-Ray, or Heliopan, but this performs like what I'd expect from a VND in the $150-$250 range.

I've attached one sample. For more, look here:
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gbf684pt21g64zg/AAA-Mk1MYCRdxuQwN98UkC22a?dl=0

• By Ramirez
      Hello all! I am new here, so this is my first post/thread here ever. 

Today I got my Panasonic Lumix GH3. Before I have used Olympus OM-D E-M5 and Fujifilm X-E1/X100s for video recording. I have never used a camera that allows me full control during video recording before.

I ordered the GH3 because I am going to make a documentary movie about a motorcycle club during this coming summer. They ride together every Monday during the summer period. I am going to follow them.
      I am going to record video from the places they visit, maybe some video during their rides. Making interviews etc.

During autumn after the season is over - I am going to edit the movie and burn it to DVD:s. Then sell the movie to the members of the motorcycle club (a few hundred members). 

The selling point of this documentary is the nostalgic value. It does´t need to be the most professional looking movie. But I would like to make it as good as I possible can.

I have a few months to prepare myself, training video recording with the GH3.

I would love to get some tips of what I need for this project. Rigs (for walking), shotgun mics etc.?
      I live in a PAL-area; what frame rates are recommended; 24p, 25p, 50p for different situations (interview, motorcycles moving...)? In full manual does it go the double shutter speed over the framerate (like 1/50 for 25p etc.)?

All tips are deeply appreciated!
    • By JackHorror
      Olympus EM5 body costs: 800€
      Panasonic GH3 body costs: 1200€
      Both are shooting 60fps both have 16mp sensor.

I believe that Olympus EM5 is the best camera for that price & that  it has the same video quality with the Panasonic GH3 (i am telling that cause i've seen a lot of compares), correct me if i am wrong!

Here is a very nice Olympus EM5 video

• By Wit
      Today was a lovely day. The baby blue tits flew into the wide world and I tested some settings on my camera and my new ND filter. Hope you like the quick edit. I like my new ND fader.

camera - Panasonic GH3
      lens - Panasonic 12-35 mm
      settings - Mov 50p, -5, -5, -3, -4 and no color grading
      filter - Light Craft variable fader ND digi Pro-Hd
      music - Cold summer landscape by Blearmoon

https://vimeo.com/68405644