X-Pro2 Ver.4.00 4K video firmware released

Aussie Ash

^^^Agreed, being able to make image adjustments in cam makes a big difference with the xt2, which still has a better image than Sony's APS-c cams IMO, its just a little quirky to shoot video. We'll see what the XH1 brings in a couple months. I don't get why Fuji added 4k, but left out the ability to adjust sharpness and such, weird.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
7 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

One thing I like about the X Pro 2 is you can just stay in stills mode, press a record button to reel off video, without having to switch to a fiddly movie mode on a fiddly dial.

The X-T2's mode dial is a nightmare and quite unnecessary.

This, it was so sad when the X100f got the video bumped to a really good quality and peaking while recording. But they added having to dig a menu to switch drive... broke my heart.

That's what I dislike the most about shooting video with the XT2 - the need to flip the mode dial switch in order to record video. Its a PITA when you're grabbing stills and video, if you're just shooting video then its less of a hassle. That's why I carried two bodies, one is mostly stills and the other is set for video. Why Fuji has this haphazard approach to controls is puzzling. Its as if a different group of engineers designs each camera without knowing what the others are doing - once body gets a touchscreen, one gets a record button, one gets a wonky ISO dial and so on.

We'll see what the XH1 brings, if its really video focused we should see a dedicated record button.

I don't mind switching from still to video mode (all the way to the left on the thumb lever) but switching from video to stills is a little more fiddly.

What I really do wish was that still/video settings were independent from each other. hate having to set shutter speed each time i'm changing modes.

I hope XH1 addresses that, and of course, a record button would be nice too.