Jump to content
lucabutera

Samsung NX Speed Booster

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
58 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

@lucabutera are we going to have a mkII (discounted) version?!

I Spent many nights to create the NXL, I started with a vision and with the contribution of all those who have bought and tried I could improve it.
The boards of all were useful, I alone could not test it with all the lenses and detect the defects, a project carried out in crowdfunding is this.
To answer your question, I must tell you that in reality this would be the Mark XXX version, but I prefer to stick to the NXL version.
Currently, the construction costs are very high because it has made in Italy and in a limited number of pieces, so I can not reduce the price, but it remains a good investment given the rarity of the piece, maybe will be revaluated as anamorphic lenses.

 ALSO I AM SURE THAT SAMSUNG RESUME PRODUCTION OF CAMERAS JUST HAVE INTERNAL PROBLEMS SOLVED AND REORGANIZED THEIR COMPANY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, lucabutera said:

I Spent many nights to create the NXL, I started with a vision and with the contribution of all those who have bought and tried I could improve it.
The boards of all were useful, I alone could not test it with all the lenses and detect the defects, a project carried out in crowdfunding is this.
To answer your question, I must tell you that in reality this would be the Mark XXX version, but I prefer to stick to the NXL version.
Currently, the construction costs are very high because it has made in Italy and in a limited number of pieces, so I can not reduce the price, but it remains a good investment given the rarity of the piece, maybe will be revaluated as anamorphic lenses.

 ALSO I AM SURE THAT SAMSUNG RESUME PRODUCTION OF CAMERAS JUST HAVE INTERNAL PROBLEMS SOLVED AND REORGANIZED THEIR COMPANY.

Can you mark the new release with a v2 at least? So I know I buy the latest version and not the old one.

Yes I too hope Samsung stops being fools and restart production of their new camera. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SMGJohn said:

Can you mark the new release with a v2 at least? So I know I buy the latest version and not the old one.

Yes I too hope Samsung stops being fools and restart production of their new camera. 

Yes, the currently version in crowdfunding which is in production will be the V2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the delay, good to hear you have a solution, if you know anyone with a longer lens or a store that has one, maybe you could please test on a 600 or 800 lens.  Here are the images with the 1st version NX-L attached.  5707:Canon 400mm f/2.8 IS L version one,  5708:Sigma 150-600 Sport @150mm, 5709:Sigma 150-600 Sport @600mm, 5710:Tamron 75-300 Vi DC?...mumbo jumbo the latest one @75mm, 5712:Tamron [email protected], 5713:Tamron [email protected], 5714:Tamron [email protected], 5715:Tamron [email protected], 5716:Canon 400mm f/5.6 L.  

5722:Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art glassless adapter, 5723:Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art with NX-L  Focus is on front edge of the door, sharpness is retained quite well. Vignetting is much worse in the NX-L shot, but in this case it is in my opinion just from seeing more of the image circle here, though I should double check against a FF body just in case.  It's just vignette, not so much like the total corner blackout on the telephotos. 

Hmm, having trouble uploading my shot of the 400 f/5.6 on the 5DSR.  Maybe file/size limit per post, will retry in a separate post. 

 

SAM_5707.JPG

SAM_5708.JPG

SAM_5709.JPG

SAM_5710.JPG

SAM_5712.JPG

SAM_5713.JPG

SAM_5714.JPG

SAM_5715.JPG

SAM_5716.JPG

SAM_5722.JPG

SAM_5723.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giving -200 error when I try to upload my jpeg, trying to use a lower jpeg quality to see if the smaller file size lets it upload.  Hmm, no luck, says "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200"  I have no idea what the problem is.  Other files from the 5DSR also don't seem to be working.  Well, just uploaded a 400mm f/2.8 shot to DeviantArt, no appreciable vignetting: http://ttbek.deviantart.com/art/Tiny-Rocket-658531277?ga_submit_new=10%253A1484922555

Hmm, now two Samsung files are having the same problem with uploading, weird, at least the first two here worked though.  What I'm showing here is the slight play in the rotating section, it can be pulled slightly out or be slightly more in, first shot is out (5725) and the second is in (5726).  My Samyang 12mm's back element does something similar, not sure if it is supposed to be like that, maybe I'll open it up and see if I can tighten it.  It seems to be the same on both NX-L adapters.  I don't know if it is optically of concern or not, I think probably not, unless maybe if it shifts on you after you focus or something? 

SAM_5725.JPG

SAM_5726.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17.1.2017 at 1:11 AM, lucabutera said:

I Spent many nights to create the NXL, I started with a vision and with the contribution of all those who have bought and tried I could improve it.
The boards of all were useful, I alone could not test it with all the lenses and detect the defects, a project carried out in crowdfunding is this.
To answer your question, I must tell you that in reality this would be the Mark XXX version, but I prefer to stick to the NXL version.
Currently, the construction costs are very high because it has made in Italy and in a limited number of pieces, so I can not reduce the price, but it remains a good investment given the rarity of the piece, maybe will be revaluated as anamorphic lenses.

 ALSO I AM SURE THAT SAMSUNG RESUME PRODUCTION OF CAMERAS JUST HAVE INTERNAL PROBLEMS SOLVED AND REORGANIZED THEIR COMPANY.

@ Luca: Do you know anything that we all don't know regarding Samsung's plans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Drew Veeneman said:

Some of us are still waiting for NXL's from the first batch in the mail. Anybody who thinks they can get one second hand at a reduced price is dreaming.

 

I think you're right, thanks for your patience!

9 hours ago, IKSLIM said:

Is there anybody about to sell NXL-v.1 in order to purchase NXL-v.2 ? Please contact me, I'd be happy to purchase v.1 at some price discount point.

Does not exist a version 1 and version 2, each NXL is an evolution of the previous one, who has more patience will have a product tested and improved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jochen Flach said:

@ Luca: Do you know anything that we all don't know regarding Samsung's plans?

The news that I can find are those that you can find in the internet, the Samsung is at the center of a corruption investigation, the big boss is in a coma in 2014 and his son to get the maximum power resulting from the merger with other companies, it seems that he corrupted the president of Korea.
Samsung has never released an official statement of closure of their cameras, they were told they had to move resources toward smartphone department, and that's exactly what they did.
The Samsung is a giant that moves 7% of the GDP of Korea and has to make money, but they are also very proud and competitive environments, each product is built to be the best of the competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good evening everyone,
Love the NX1, a shame that there is no more support, but you got to do the most with what you got.  I was wondering can this adapter work for Nikon lens or is it just Canon? I just bought a tamron g2 150-600 lens and I just use an Nikon adapter for it.  Would this improve the pictures?  I would love to get this adapter eventually.  God bless  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bzdingo said:

Good evening everyone,
Love the NX1, a shame that there is no more support, but you got to do the most with what you got.  I was wondering can this adapter work for Nikon lens or is it just Canon? I just bought a tamron g2 150-600 lens and I just use an Nikon adapter for it.  Would this improve the pictures?  I would love to get this adapter eventually.  God bless  

Hello bdzigo, in this link you found the answers for your questions! 

https://www.produzionidalbasso.com/project/samsung-nx-camera-to-full-frame-with-nxl-adapter/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...