"ArtoftheImage" = MORON

Shield3

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Think this era in mass media will be known as the BS "listicle" trash era?

I do wonder if culture will grow out of the nonsense and the tone of this junk will sound as ridiculous in a generation or two as dialog from 1930's movies.  

Then again, as conditioned consumers, we're trained to believe that the choices we make in purchases somehow represent our success in life.  What better way to justify one's self worth than to find like minded opinion as a way to say "See, I knew I was right!  I'm smarter than everyone else!"?  Listicles give people that affirmation.  Perhaps they'll never go away.  Tabloids have been selling for centuries after all.

Criticism of this guy is somewhat ironic to me since there's over a dozen pages of comments in the a6300 thread... Oh well, that's my stream of consciousness pop psycology anyway.

Camera and tech youtube channels make huge profits off amazon affiliate links. Controversial (or wrong) opinions generate views on youtube as videos are more likely to be shared (as in here) and there's profit in that. But then there's even bigger profit from affiliate links.

He's not interested in cameras, he's interested in money. Good information is rarely controversial or simple enough enough to be worth sharing. The more incendiary the criticism, and the less accurate, the more money.

I thought you had to at least get the money to rent cameras to start these channels, though. Maybe I should give this a try.

5 hours ago, Policar said:

Good information is rarely controversial or simple enough enough to be worth sharing.

Yeah, tabloid "journalism" exists for a reason.  I do doubt that culture will grow out of it; just too many dumb shits on the planet.  Lots of smart ones too, but it's a heck of a lot easier to connect and exploit those that are easily exploitable.

And that's not an attempt to sounds elitist, as I've been exploited many times.  It ain't smarts that helps me these days, it's old fart wisdom.

As an aside, and Vis-à-vis e-mail, who here is now getting slammed with spam that has "Trump" in the subject line?  I know I am.  If that doesn't tell you something/everything...