- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

userage

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

userage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Wow I didn't even know about Lens Turbo.. At half the price who is going to get the Metabones? They should put an aperture adjustment lever for the MFT adapters though so we can use AF lenses.

Hugo

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hugo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

It's a really nice product but the downsides are:

-Oval shape specular hightlights 

shown on this video at 6:22 

(correct me if I'm wrong but even thought in this test it isnt the M4T version, I presume it has the same issue)

-Slow autofocus (dont care much for video)

-"Onion ring" bokeh (we can see those on the first image Andrew posted) I find that this very disapointing.

am I missing anything?

Julian

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

Julian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

I'd be surprised if the 'onion rings' are caused by the Speed Booster. Haven't seen that before. Might be characteristic of the used lens.

dombra

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

dombra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Andrew what's the lens used on the gas light photo (title photo) ? Beautiful images by the way!

Andrew Reid

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

Andrew Reid

Andrew Reid - British Filmmaker - Editor EOSHD

• Administrators
  • 4,198 posts

Andrew what's the lens used on the gas light photo (title photo) ? Beautiful images by the way!

Leica 50mm F2.0 on that one. Cheers

cginz

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

cginz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I've been counting the days for the EF version of speed booster... 

I'm really disappointed.. why haven't they made it their first priority? Is Metabones actually committed to it?

EF version of speed booster will be nothing short of huge news.. Much larger than enabling Leica R lenses

So am I inferring too much here that Metabones is holding back? Or is there a technical limitation? 

MOONGOAT

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:28 AM

MOONGOAT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Yeah, I've got some money put aside specifically for the EF -> MFT Speedbooster. Why don't they want my money?

Oscillian

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

Oscillian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I need Nikon G -> m43 with aperture ring and Canon FD -> m43. Then I'm a happy shooter :) Lets see who gets there first, SpeedBooster or LensTurbo!

lolo

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

lolo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Are there any news regarding an anamorphic speedbooster?, i remembering reading somewhere in this forum that Brian Caldwell from Metabones will be looking into anamorphic indeed, some news anyone?

jase

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

jase

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Andrew, are the summicrons in combination with the speed booster the "poor man's" summilux (which might be even sharper..?) Or is the image quality wide open not as good so that one needs to go back to f2.0 anyway?

Andrew Benton

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

Andrew Benton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

So, anyone thinking about the Sigma 18-35mm  F/1.8? 27-52mm F/1.2 !!
The lens looks big and heavy, and probably expensive, which defeats the purpose of my acquisition of the GH3 for general
lightweight-ness on rigs and travel... but man, would be a sick set, low light n' general use. 

• Julian likes this

Ernesto Mántaras

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

Ernesto Mántaras

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationSanta Fe, Argentina

So, anyone thinking about the Sigma 18-35mm  F/1.8? 27-52mm F/1.2 !!
The lens looks big and heavy, and probably expensive, which defeats the purpose of my acquisition of the GH3 for general
lightweight-ness on rigs and travel... but man, would be a sick set, low light n' general use. 

I have been thinking about that since I read about that lens!

I hope the price isn't up in the clouds (though it'd be understandable, perhaps a better strategy would be to make it more accesible to more people?) and that the EF Speed Booster is finally out before that lens is released.

Sites:   @Vimeo   |   @Facebook   |   @Twitter

SIGNATURE_THIN.gif

silvertonesx24

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

silvertonesx24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Yeah, I've got some money put aside specifically for the EF -> MFT Speedbooster. Why don't they want my money?

Exact same thing here...

czarnyafgan

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

czarnyafgan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Andrew I have a small request - can you tell me ( or provide some short test ) if GH3 with speedbooster has the same depth of field as APS-C nex ( both using the same lens )? Is speedboostedGH3 depth of field as shalow as aps-c's one?

Thanks a lot

czarnyafgan

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

czarnyafgan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

So is the speedboostedGH3 depth of field as shallow as nex-6 depth of field ( or any aps-c camera ) ?

Huuow

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

Huuow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Andrew I have a small request - can you tell me ( or provide some short test ) if GH3 with speedbooster has the same depth of field as APS-C nex ( both using the same lens )? Is speedboostedGH3 depth of field as shalow as aps-c's one?

Thanks a lot

So is the speedboostedGH3 depth of field as shallow as nex-6 depth of field ( or any aps-c camera ) ?

yes

yes

*edit* ...depth of field has nothing to do with lenses... same or not, doesn´t matter... 1. sensor size, 2. aperture, 3. distance to target vs. distance to background

czarnyafgan

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

czarnyafgan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks for reply! As "the same lens" i meant "the same aperture"

Huuow

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

Huuow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Thanks for reply! As "the same lens" i meant "the same aperture"

ok. but I was not entirely right after all :)

take a read on this article... it´s the best thing on such crop sensor topic I ever came across... really worth it

http://www.josephjam...om/equivalence/

Dustin Young

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

Dustin Young

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Can anyone tell me if the Metabones EF to m43 will have electronic connectors aswell? also aside from that will the Metabones work with crop lenses from EF to m43 or will only FF lenses work

Thanks

czarnyafgan

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

czarnyafgan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Looks like EF to m43 speedbooster will also have electronic support as EF to NEX version. Seems that crop lens diameter is enough for m43.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users