The Quiet Escape regraded - shot on nx1

Ed_David

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

thanks guys for being supportive.

Cineon is a color space Kodak created for film when in the 90's people started transfering film to digital to color it - the digital intermediate.

Cineon is now popular I guess because of Visioncolor that offers it - and it's basically a way to convert a film - even a h.264 copy like the one I had for this back into this super flat space. 

Then you can make a "film print" that it goes to - and from here you can manipulate it even more.

So it's pretty amazing that one can go into old h.264 copies of films and mess around with the image.

I wish I had a pro res copy somewhere but I can't find it - oh well.  I have the source project somewhere.

thanks - yes it's a LUT from for instance Visioncolor Impulz makes one - or some people make them for free - convert from log space or rec 709 space (the default video space) into cineon then in cineon go from cineon to a film print and you can make your film feel bigger and control the image more.

Cineon colorspace is really something beautiful to work from.