Nx1 at 480fps via Twixtor

Marco Tecno

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Wow, the scene looks great yes but it won't work that well for other most more complicated scenes with any kind of camera movement. 

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Yes after pixel peeping (as opposed to viewing phone) ghosting artefacts are there, strangely even at normal speed. Workflow issue? 

Hello all. I am the the one who did the above simulated 480 fps clip as a test. Someone provided me the 120 fps clip at 1/8000 shutter. I wanted to see how the overcrank would do with the highest shutter speed at 120 fps. Looking back at it, the first clip does look really bad cause of the jitter feel and I think it is the result of using such a high shutter speed. I think the second clip does look a lil better. Yes there is ghosting, artifacts and it will never look good as a true 480 fps clip slowed down but I think considering the scene where the runner's leg crosses it looks decent enough but that is just my opinion. Once I get my own NX1 I will do more test with 120 fps at different shutter speeds. Thank you all for your thoughts.

Also could the moderator please delete this thread. The clip was used without proper permission by accident. So please kindly delete thread. 

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

I don't think the slowed down version looks bad, it looks very good to me. The strange is the 120p version shows ghosting, which is supposed to happen. It's a workflow issue, a setting in your NLE (not twixtor) or render settings (frame rate/sampling, etc), or the clip that was sent to you already had it (but I don't think so as it would have showed in the 480p twixtored version)