Ed David

Neumann Films

I just saw a post from this fellow that basically said I was one of the three biggest defenders of Philip Bloom (he knows that this isn't the case...unless he chose to read only the parts that made him feel better).  For the sake of clarity, I wanted to post my PM.  If nothing else, to show that I am not defending PB, but choosing to use rational thinking, impartiality, and most of all...common sense.  Something Ed seems to be incapable of.  Since his thread is closed I will just post this here:

"Just wanted to let you know I take your side (OK...general vicinity) with the PB thing.  When I first heard about it, the devil inside of me giggled a bit (which...in and of itself is pathetic of me).  I REALLY cannot stand the guy though.  He basically ruined an anniversary trip to Hawaii for my wife and I.  I had a "minor" meltdown and basically deleted all of my social media pages and re focused my work to different areas (than the whole...social media/DSLR circus.  I fucking hate it.  Never gone to NAB...never will.  I was born in the country, home schooled for a lot of my life, and have never been comfortable with the current way of things online.)

The only reason I feel sympathy for his side is because I have personally been there in my life.  I have messed up...so many times.  I'd like to think I have it figured out now but...you never know.

My point is, I know how it feels to know you fucked up and to feel like your life is crumbling around you.  It sucks, it really does.  If there is, even the smallest chance, that it could all be false...I think he deserves to be treated accordingly.  If it turns out that it is true...it will take care of itself.  He will never work again.

Like I said...it happens.  There are CRAZY people online that really need help.  Remember how I told you about that guy that duped us into that 4K hoax?  He's STILL at it. Crazy as hell.  Look at his page if you get a chance.  Ridiculous.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMliaImidbE

The evidence is clearly not in his favor.  It's probably "reasonable" to assume he's guilty.  However, there are too many scenarios where this could be, at the very least, in the details.  What constitutes abuse?  If a woman calls a man a "worthless bastard" and he responds with "you cunt"...is that abuse?  No.  They are both demeaning each other, disrespecting each other, and really just provoking one another.  One word is not more hurtful than the other.  It's a two way street with equality and too often, in our society today, we OVER step the line.  Yes we should be paying more attention to domestic abuse, no we should not be accepting every womans claim as fact and at face value.  It simply would never work that way.  

It ultimately just comes down to seeing someone have his name trashed a bit while he isn't around to defend himself.  I can't allow that...no matter the circumstances.  You stand up for what you believe in and I do as well.  

Anyways, this has all been discussed to death and don't have anything else to say.  Just wanted to let you know that people are probably more on your side than you think...it's just not the way most think it should be handled.  

Good day sir, have a good one"

It's clear that Ed is mostly just concerned with being "right" and will even fabricate reality to make it seem as though he's the only person online that has a conscience.  The only person that chooses to "stand up" in the face of domestic violence.  He is delusional.  I will NOT be sending a PM to apologize for this, Ed.  

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

My advice to Mods, maybe start a new sub-forum for domestic-violence, politics, and non-film making related topic, then we can go nuts over there about guns, drugs, government conspiracies, war in Yemen. Hey it might even be an inspirational source for film/video projects, eh?

Or delete all these personal war threads and move on, nice option too!

If Ed could step outside his body and see himself objectively he'd see that he is indeed fulfilling an almost insecure part of him with the side he's taking. He's feeling validated by holding the "I'm good, I'm right because I'm standing up for a vocal minority in this issue" and I've seen him pull the "I'm a filmmaker, I see these things clearer" and uses filmmaking as an additional device of validation. It all screams insecurity, which is okay, but yes he has absolutely strayed away from rational fairness by chasing the delusion that he is simply right on this issue. Looking for other posters and tweets that reinforce your side of the story doesn't mean your standing is more correct. It simply is not fair to completely eliminate the possibility that there is another side to the story, but it didn't cross lines until his public postings/tweets that do nothing but damage before any facts are out. He turned it into a smear campaign.

Well, when he locks the thread that fabricates reality to make his point I feel the need to say SOMETHING...I know, it is annoying though.  I'm annoyed by my own post :)

​It was the moderators that locked the threads, not Ed.

I don't think we need to have a public thread where we call Ed one thing or the other.

I don't think we need to have a public thread where we call Ed one thing or the other.

​Agreed, this is one thread that didn't need to be made other than to have a last word and to keep provoking the same conversation... the same conversation... which is basically this:

"I think we should stand up on domestic violence! PS I'm a great guy, and I believe the women!"

"No one said I aint against domestic violence. You know nothing. No evidence that Phil did it. You crazy sanctimonious shit."

"I think we should stand up on domestic violence! PS I'm a great guy, and I believe the women!"

"No one said I aint against domestic violence. You know nothing. No evidence that Phil did it. You crazy sanctimonious shit."

lol-guy.jpg

​Agreed, this is one thread that didn't need to be made other than to have a last word and to keep provoking the same conversation... the same conversation which is this:

"No one said I aint against domestic violence. You don't know nothing. No evidence that Phil did it. You crazy sanctimonious shit."

"No one said I aint against domestic violence. You don't know nothing. No evidence that Phil did it. You crazy sanctimonious shit."

lol-guy.jpg

​LOL...probably true.  Either way, I couldn't let that crazy sanctimonious shit have the last word.  Especially when it was as easy to prove him wrong as re posting my PM...

PS. I'm stealing that pic.

Listen, I chose to put the matter to bed in a PM and then he brought the whole fucking thing up again and USED my PM to further his closed minded point. 

It upset me a bit and I didn't feel like giving him the satisfaction.  I wanted the last word, sue me.  

All in all, it's as childish as him I suppose, so I guess mods should close this one too.

Ed, this is my final comment to you.  

"Handshake rescinded".  (holds up middle finger)

I commented on a couple of his posts, but the man acts like a child, or a politician that changes their statements and facts to support their narrative. I don't debate children or politicians, so I stopped commenting, and stopped reading... It was liberating.

Nobody will change his mind. He is convinced he has some form of justice, or righteousness on his side.

I am glad I spoke up against him because he didn't have the right to smear people without iron clad, proven evidence, but to continue is just an exercise in futility.

Of course, he didn't use my PMs against me, so I cannot blame Neumann for wanting his story to be told.