Exciting time to come

wolf33d

Looks like 2015 will be good for video. 

The E-M5 will have 24p, 60p, 77mbps bit rate and we just got this FT5 rumor by M43 rumors : 

"Some em5 mkii info not yet shared. Big upgrade to image stabilisation especially in video mode – takin it to the next level. Nothing else like it."

Also, according to Canon Rumors, the 5D mark IV (coming after the 5DS this year) will be video oriented replacing the 1DC , with 4K. 

We will also get the A7S II with internal 4K and IBIS. 

What else do we need ? :) 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Even with high bitrates and new framerates, the quality as a whole needs to be improved. The EM1 is currently quite mushy and looks very digital if you have even a bit of sharpening turned on. Also quite bad highlight control and strange colours under indoor lighting when I tested it out in the camera shop.

Saying all that, I still don't believe these rumors to be true. Seems strange that they would not only put the EM1 viewfinder in the new camera but also make it weathersealed. There wont be much to separate the two cameras :/

Looks like 2015 will be good for video. 

The E-M5 will have 24p, 60p, 77mbps bit rate and we just got this FT5 rumor by M43 rumors : 

"Some em5 mkii info not yet shared. Big upgrade to image stabilisation especially in video mode – takin it to the next level. Nothing else like it."

Also, according to Canon Rumors, the 5D mark IV (coming after the 5DS this year) will be video oriented replacing the 1DC , with 4K. 

We will also get the A7S II with internal 4K and IBIS. 

What else do we need ? :) 

​Sources please.

​Sources please.

​That list is in descending order of 'verifiability.'

E-M5ii specs seem well established at this point (but still not official yet).

5DIV is a mix of speculation and wishful thinking.

A7s II will likely come, but they've got to release the a7r II first, so we'll see if Sony actually releases three "A7" cameras within a year. There are certainly no specs yet available regarding internal 4K with IBIS.

With Sony you never know, they breed like rabbits but in the end you can't wait forever, if you are planning to get the a7s tomorrow and it does what you expect from it just start using it and don't visit the internet anymore so you won't be disappointed if the a7sII is announced in 2 days.

​Not vist the internet anymore?.......that's....that's not possible. :lol:

I would not buy the a7s today if you plan to keep it a long time.

Sony has a very fast release and buying the first version is never a good choice.

The A7S2 will have the same sensor but same improvement as the a7ii : ibis, better ergonomic and 4k (thanks to better processing power and bigger body for heat). You don't need sources for that, only logic, to say that is 80% chance to come. 

The A7RII is coming in maximum 2 months. So if we don't see an a7s2 in the next 11 months I would be extremely surprised. 

I would not buy the a7s today if you plan to keep it a long time.

Why not? There always will be something better at the horizon, just use what you have now and make the best of it, if you are afraid about what comes next you might be waiting all your life for that perfect camera. Also camerabodies are not a long term investment, most people buy new bodies every 3 year or so, what I do find important is what lenses you get as that can tie you into a certain system, I have many m4/3 lenses and I know that will limit me to m4/3 camera's only but I don't mind as it works for my purpose but if you want to be able to choose a different brand you need to invest in the right glass and that's something that will be with you for many years to come.

Why not? There always will be something better at the horizon, just use what you have now and make the best of it, if you are afraid about what comes next you might be waiting all your life for that perfect camera. Also camerabodies are not a long term investment, most people buy new bodies every 3 year or so, what I do find important is what lenses you get as that can tie you into a certain system, I have many m4/3 lenses and I know that will limit me to m4/3 camera's only but I don't mind as it works for my purpose but if you want to be able to choose a different brand you need to invest in the right glass and that's something that will be with you for many years to come.

​True that. That's why I find decades old vintage glass is so friggin' awesome. Just got a Jupiter-9 the other day. Boy, that aperture: epic!

Rpc9M6u.jpg

Doesn't mean you should get old lenses, but just goes to show that great glass will last you just about forever and keeps on giving you premo optical quality and character year after year. Now that actually starts sounding as if camera bodies age so fast, you'll definitly want the latest one that lasts you the longest. But you have no idea when it will be released and what it can do... so what's the point? Just go shoot with what's availlable to you now. You can always upgrade later if you really feel like your camera is lacking. Chances are, you might not even find solid reasons to and be happy with what you've got.