New Fuji X-S20 (with DCI & UHD 60p plus 6.2K/30P 4:2:2 10-bit internal)

ac6000cw

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Ah thank you sir! Not too worried for me about FLOG. Coming from the XT3, I tried it out but the appeal with the Fuji stuff is the film profiles and that Eterna simulation. I had a chance to get a Panasonic at $1,500 however, since I already own the 18-55 2.8-4, and Viltrox 33mm, 13mm 1.4 primes, didn’t make sense for me to go Panasonic since the AF lenses are so expensive.

Go for it. I'm loving the camera - but, as I said, my previous cameras were CDAF MTFs.

When you have some spare cash, take a look at the Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 - is almost glued to my X-S20. And, for video, I think it is even a bit better than the Fuji 18-55 (which I have and love, but will probably sell).

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
19 minutes ago, Marcio Kabke Pinheiro said:

Go for it. I'm loving the camera - but, as I said, my previous cameras were CDAF MTFs.

When you have some spare cash, take a look at the Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 - is almost glued to my X-S20. And, for video, I think it is even a bit better than the Fuji 18-55 (which I have and love, but will probably sell).

I take receipt of the X-S20 this Friday, excited. Is that sigma 18-50 f2.8 this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/374949152303?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=oY5tzw50Ree&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=r-74yDOHTz2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

How is this lens with Fuji AF and how does the ibis handle? I used to have a d5300 and tamron 17-50 2.8 and loved that lens

10 hours ago, Dustin said:

How is this lens with Fuji AF and how does the ibis handle?

If it's anything like the L Mount version, superb for the money. It works like you'd expect any native lens to.

I use one as my gimbal lens. Not that my gimbal has been getting much of a run out this year but determined to next year for certain specific things such as walking stuff.

But the lens, great bit if kit, optically very good and weighs less than a robin's egg.

Well maybe a goose egg...

12 hours ago, MrSMW said:

If it's anything like the L Mount version, superb for the money. It works like you'd expect any native lens to.

I use one as my gimbal lens. Not that my gimbal has been getting much of a run out this year but determined to next year for certain specific things such as walking stuff.

But the lens, great bit if kit, optically very good and weighs less than a robin's egg.

Well maybe a goose egg...

Interesting! My plan is to get the camera in Friday and test how I like the IBIS with what I have. Kinda wish that lens had ibis. 

Update: My XS20 came one day early. I must say, this is the first camera I’ve bought in years, where it didn’t include a battery charger but rather a usb c to usb c cable and wall port. Now the camera store I bought it from included an extra OEM Fuji battery free of charge however, the dual Fuji battery charger is about the same price so I guess it evened out. Build quality feels a little less than XT3 I had, but not in a bad way just is what it is. I think I will actually like the simple controls and smaller size. Overall feels very solid still, not quite a pro body but wasn’t expecting it to feel that way. I think the smaller size will also make it more discrete when shooting in public or on vacation. Looking forward to shooting with it this weekend and getting some test footage.

25 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Update: My XS20 came one day early. I must say, this is the first camera I’ve bought in years, where it didn’t include a battery charger but rather a usb c to usb c cable and wall port. Now the camera store I bought it from included an extra OEM Fuji battery free of charge however, the dual Fuji battery charger is about the same price so I guess it evened out. Build quality feels a little less than XT3 I had, but not in a bad way just is what it is. I think I will actually like the simple controls and smaller size. Overall feels very solid still, not quite a pro body but wasn’t expecting it to feel that way. I think the smaller size will also make it more discrete when shooting in public or on vacation. Looking forward to shooting with it this weekend and getting some test footage.

Enjoy your new camera - these Fujis certainly have a very nice image!

I've bought the Wasabi USB dual USB-charger and two batteries pack for each of my cameras (GH5, Canon, GX85 / BMPCC, Sony X3000, GoPro) and had good results with all of these.  The batteries don't have as long a lifespan (in years) as the genuine batteries I have purchased, but they still work out to be better value for money.

I know they're a third-party company and there's a certain risk to that, but I've found it's a convenient and cheap way to get spare batteries and be able to charge in-bulk.

1 minute ago, kye said:

Enjoy your new camera - these Fujis certainly have a very nice image!

I've bought the Wasabi USB dual USB-charger and two batteries pack for each of my cameras (GH5, Canon, GX85 / BMPCC, Sony X3000, GoPro) and had good results with all of these.  The batteries don't have as long a lifespan (in years) as the genuine batteries I have purchased, but they still work out to be better value for money.

I know they're a third-party company and there's a certain risk to that, but I've found it's a convenient and cheap way to get spare batteries and be able to charge in-bulk.

Thanks man! Yeah I had decent experience with the wasabi on the XT3. Had about 5 batteries total. But will see how these two OEM Fuji batteries get me so far to get a gauge.

On 10/10/2023 at 5:00 PM, Dustin said:

I take receipt of the X-S20 this Friday, excited. Is that sigma 18-50 f2.8 this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/374949152303?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=oY5tzw50Ree&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=r-74yDOHTz2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

How is this lens with Fuji AF and how does the ibis handle? I used to have a d5300 and tamron 17-50 2.8 and loved that lens

Exactly this one. Almost glued to my camera, barely use another lens nowadays.

Works as a native Fuji regards to AF, and works good with IBIS - X-S20 IBIS is better than the X-S10s, but m43 Panasonics and Olympus still are a bit smoother.