New Cameras Opinions

Mario Savi

Hello!

I'm a video producer and i'll be getting a new camera anytime soon but i can decide on wich camera to buy or if i'm supposed to wait for a while. 

I'm trying to decide between a GH4, A7s, 6D, 5D3, and some others, more expensive like the C-100. Everyone of this cameras concerns me about some things.

The GH4 concerns me about the lenses, the MFT mount. I have some canon lenses, nothing great or expensive, but i know they are easier to find, more versatile. And when i wrote to Metabones, asking about the speedbooster MFT-EF, they answered pretty rudely (i guess they get that question a lot). But i understand the superior image quality.

The A7s, to me, it's one of the better cameras around, for it's price. I've been watching some "raw" footage of it, but i've been reading some bad reviews about it's color log and the workflow of editing/grading, regarding it's formats. On the other hand, i love the HDR and ISO.

Regarding the Canons, i personally think they're more versatile cameras, but the image quality is getting ofuscated by these new cameras, maybe because it's been 2 years since Canon doesn't make any announcement on new equipment.

Sometimes, i'm more inclined to buy a Canon for it's flexibility, a GH4 for it's easier workflow, and now, i'm kinda blind by the A7s. But always something turn me down, idk what to do, if i buy one of these, if i wait for any announcements, i'm getting crazy!

What you guys think? What would you guys buy today or why wait a while.

Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs