Laughable Chris and Jordan video on medium format

Andrew Reid

11 hours ago, leslie said:

i'd say mr reids humour was shining through, there at the start. However its all together too easy to offend people these days. In this day and age i think its a wise man who can moderate himself. 

I think it's very difficult to understand how different people with different points of view can interpret something so differently.

In my corporate work I am often writing documents and then having them reviewed by various executives before they are eventually approved.  I'm constantly amazed at how someone will mis-interpret something I've written, and when they explain why they interpreted it like that from their point-of-view, it becomes obvious that they would have mis-interpreted it like that once you understand their perspective.

Humans are constantly evolving how we communicate depending on who is present.  If we're talking to two people at a party and a third person joins the discussion, everyone changes how they communicate, even just slightly.  This is why when your friends meet each other and you see them interacting, you might be surprised at how they act towards each other because they never showed that side of themselves to you.

I think, to a certain extent, everything is contextual, and so everything runs the risk of being mis-interpreted by someone who has a different background to you.

11 hours ago, leslie said:

I do/ did like him. I 'd call him authentic, i like how he demonstrates lenses capabilities with his walk around vlog. His earlier boardroom meetings where classics. Its just lately i feel some of his humour is a bit dark or doesn't quite gel with me. Maybe its just me.

I suspect my tastes are evolving. My utube subscribed list contains only media division, kinetek and make art now. The others, camera conspiracies, kai, a fellow aussie called blunty and another shayne mostyn and a few others, well  I'll look for them when i think about it. 

Tastes evolving over time is a good thing I think.  When people get older and they don't evolve, I think that's a warning sign that they're not learning or changing or adapting.  I subscribe to so many people on YT now, and I kind of treat my subscription feed as a partly-filtered feed, and add videos to my Watch Later list, which I then watch videos from.  

I unsubscribe from channels when they start to annoy me or I haven't watched one of their videos for a long time.  I'm often going to the main page and going through the recommended page and adding those to my Watch Later list, and then subscribing to people who seem good.  Some new ones last and some don't, depending on how much they annoy me or are good.

I realise that there are channels that I've watched now for years and years.  One channel, for example, I started watching when they had their shipping containers delivered to their block of land.  They're now living in the mostly-built house and have two kids.  There are lots of other channels that are like that too.  One channel about restoring old tools now makes whole videos restoring a tool, using a range of tools in their shop, where I have seen them restore every one of the tools they now use.
I say that I unsubscribes from people that annoy me because that's often what happens.  I'm kind of watching people's normal lives, so as long as they don't annoy me with poor video editing or annoying personalities or being too fake and polished all the time etc, then they're real and I've gotten the enjoyment from it being real.  That's completely different to a TV show that will be tremendously more exciting and fast-paced and well put together, but of course that's completely fake, so it has other merits.
Other content on YT can be hilariously funny, but in a very niche way, or in a very limited style.  One of my favourite YouTubers is a machinist called This Old Tony.  He makes machining videos and no-one really knows what he looks like as his videos only show his hands, but his videos are spectacularly funny and brilliantly written / edited etc.  My wife gets annoyed with me when I watch him while sitting next to her on the couch because on some videos I'm basically laughing for the whole 20+ minute video.  Anyone that can regularly incorporate time travel jokes, paradoxes, insults, etc into their videos deserves all the subscribers they can get IMHO.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

yer this old tony is good value. At times i'm so close to lashing out on a metal lathe, sigh

some time ago i saw something on utube about  peeling and coring apples with a cordless drill. That week an old hand operated peeler / corer turned up at a sale, i bought it for $2 had a local machinist turn up a universal chuck to fit on the end. That now slides onto my markita cordless drill. I can now peel  and core a box of apples in less than ten minutes. one box of granny smiths now gets stewed and goes into the freezer to make apple pies for the rest of the year.  One of the smarter things i have done or copied 😀  

i have been revisiting a couple of old vids and new for ideas on tables and work tables for my own personal use, geared towards video / photography. Depending how the next video challenge evolves and my interpretation, it may get some use.

English is or will become the universal language eventually i think. Also i have done my time in a multicultural workplace i can understand how coming from different languages things get miscommunicated quite easily. So its never really bothered me when dealing with people from other nations in the work place. I do however hate it when people are lazy and try to palm it off on poor english and its usually pretty easy to tell. 

I have also seen good friendships ruined forever over someone saying something really dumb and not realizing it.  Thats why i try not to get too excited over posts online. People can and will say dumb things from time to time. Getting agitated serves no useful purpose. I vaguely remember a saying about wrestling pigs, everyone gets dirty and the pig loves it. I try to keep that in mind when online and reading comments.

As a bunch of film connoisseurs and to get back on topic, i feel this is particularly apt  😁

giphy.gif.32dd84056a6242dd1bf20860490f083f.gif

7 hours ago, MrSMW said:

Tell that to the French 🤔

To be fair, I haven't made as much effort with the language as I might, but I have many excuses... 🤥

Lots of orchards, vineyards here in my neck of the woods, quite a large Italian population. It makes me smile going into town and you run into an old Nona, because they cant speak a word of english. Normally they drag a kid or grandkid along to do the talking.  To be honest i'm not much different to them, i couldn't be bothered to learn another language either.  

kudo's to you for at least living and working in another country.