Best Budget Action Camera

stefanocps

Hello, I had Sony AS200VR, and GoPro 7 Black, both very nice action cam.

Don't have anymore either of them, but I want to buy one. Don't use the cam as much as I use it before so i want to try to spend much less... though I am used to nice ones. Is there anything you can suggest?

Thank you

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

i'm a bit of the fan of the gopro. Although their releases of the last few years have been incremental rather than innovative. Still the hypersmooth is pretty damn good. I recently had the gopro mounted to a mavic 2 pro and the hypersmooth handled everything i threw its way. Never tried any of the other or cheaper cams. I think there's  a couple of people on here that have them, but gopro users are probably the minority in this forum.  

6 hours ago, leslie said:

i'm a bit of the fan of the gopro. Although their releases of the last few years have been incremental rather than innovative. Still the hypersmooth is pretty damn good. I recently had the gopro mounted to a mavic 2 pro and the hypersmooth handled everything i threw its way. Never tried any of the other or cheaper cams. I think there's  a couple of people on here that have them, but gopro users are probably the minority in this forum.  

yeah i lnpw pf th ebeauty of gopro(and also sony) But for what i need now i can go with a cheaper one

8 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

What's a budget action cam to you? Have you considered the DJI Osmo Action? 

Have you considered buying a GoPro 7 Black used? 

yes..i see there are lots of new action cam under 100 euro though...and i would like to know if they are worthy

• Andrew Reid changed the title to Best Budget Action Camera

i tend to think you get what you pay for. I suspect, if the usual vloggers aren't reviewing things there's probably a reason. I also feel that most times we as individuals would prefer someone else do the work for us and we can spend our money appropriately. Which in some ways has lead to the current dilemma of  youtube and the marketing influencers involved with it.  You could always hit up the manufactures to send you a unit to review. never know your luck until you try.

4 minutes ago, leslie said:

i tend to think you get what you pay for. I suspect, if the usual vloggers aren't reviewing things there's probably a reason. I also feel that most times we as individuals would prefer someone else do the work for us and we can spend our money appropriately. Which in some ways has lead to the current dilemma of  youtube and the marketing influencers involved with it.  You could always hit up the manufactures to send you a unit to review. never know your luck until you try.

don't understand your contribute

i would not expect much from a 100 euro action camera. Perhaps my expectations are wrong or a little elitist, but if i use gopros then elitism is the least of my problems, i think. If you can make a $100 action camera work for you that's spectacular, personally i'll stick with a gopro.

youtube is handy, however i think it makes people a bit lazy. If people can not find a review of something, they complain about the lack of content. If manufactures aren't sending units out to be reviewed and nobody is buying $100 euro action cameras to review then i suspect, those action cameras aren't worth buying. But that could be just me.

10 minutes ago, leslie said:

i would not expect much from a 100 euro action camera. Perhaps my expectations are wrong or a little elitist, but if i use gopros then elitism is the least of my problems, i think. If you can make a $100 action camera work for you that's spectacular, personally i'll stick with a gopro.

youtube is handy, however i think it makes people a bit lazy. If people can not find a review of something, they complain about the lack of content. If manufactures aren't sending units out to be reviewed and nobody is buying $100 euro action cameras to review then i suspect, those action cameras aren't worth buying. But that could be just me.

i think you make it too complicated: i am looking for an action cam and i am on a budget. I know, having it used before, what is a good action cam, so my expectation ir properly related. As there are several brand doing cheap actioncam, i am asking if someone that tried some can give me a suggestion. I haben't searched on youtube or somewhere, just asking a quick opinion. It is easier than the way you are puttinh the thing. If you know a brand or model  that it is ok to buy and is cheap than let me know, that's all. I haven't started a philosopical thread on action cam reviews manufacturer and so on.. 🙂🙂

Admittedly times are tight, no argument about that. Pretty sure, everyone can relate to budgetary constraints at the moment. Since your talking euro's your probably get alot more of a range of gear than what's available in australia. 

what resolution do you need ? 720, 1080,  or 4k. Depending on your required resolution  will help narrow the field. 

i would not mind a 4k!

now i use action cam only fro filming my trekking during my holiday and some underwater shoot in apnea...all for create little video to publish on facebook..only persoal thing then.4k because give me the possibility to have a good crop

1 hour ago, stefanocps said:

less than 100 euro

I'm not sure that you'll find a decent action camera for under 100 euro/120 dollars, at least not new. You could probably find an older used GoPro for around that much?

I'd go with the DJI Osmo Action if you go new. It's under $200 US, has 4K 60p and excellent stabilization. 

But anything under 100 euro? I wouldn't buy anything new for that, as I'd expect the quality to be poor. 

7 hours ago, stefanocps said:

yes..i see there are lots of new action cam under 100 euro though...and i would like to know if they are worthy

I suppose you could see if there are reviews for them on YouTube? I'm not sure how unbiased they'd be though. I'd expect poor image quality and image stabilization from any new camera in that price range. DJI, Insta, and GoPro put years of development and research into their cameras which is part of the reason they're more expensive. I'm not sure how much research and development a random Chinese company does that puts out a 100 euro action camera. 

of course, if i have money to waste, or a special need i will surely buy insta360 1 inch..just for you to unerstand my opinion

Given the fact that i will do only vcation clips, i was trying to understand if those camera are only rubbish , or they can be used for consumer user

1 hour ago, stefanocps said:

of course, if i have money to waste, or a special need i will surely buy insta360 1 inch..just for you to unerstand my opinion

Given the fact that i will do only vcation clips, i was trying to understand if those camera are only rubbish , or they can be used for consumer user

Anything can be used for a consumer user ha ha, I just wouldn't expect it to be any good. Your best bet is to just spend the extra money to get something that is decent. Not sure what else to say! 😉

3 hours ago, Tim Sewell said:

By far your best bet here would be to keep an eye out on eBay for used GoPros. I recently picked up a Hero 3 for £50 and I've seen various 4s under £100. It might take a little while, but something good will appear in the end and will be much better than any brand new sub-100 model.

what is the least model of gopro with 4k and good peformance?

I believe the Hero4 Black was the first with 4K. I don't recall it being very great 4K though. Anything short of being in bright sunlight didn't look very good, if I recall correctly. 

The GoPro Hero5 Black had better 4K but it sells for about $150US used it seems... At that point you're better off just spending the extra on the DJI Osmo Action imo.