Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
boukmanmutt

Selling my Blackmagic, missing my 5D

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Good morning to all guys. Thank you so much for the passion in which you have helped me, your suggestions have been precious and have helped me a lot. In the end the game was between the Eos RP and the Fuji X-T3 and I decided to buy the Fuji X-T3. The offer I found for Fuji was too tempting (850 euros with one year warranty). Now I will buy a speedbooster and in the meantime I will sell the Olympus 12-60 4/3 to buy another lens later.


Thanks again and as soon as I have The Fuji I will let you know my opinions.

 

P.s. it is true that the title of my discussion is "miss my 5d", but it was referred to the 5d primarly as a dslr, and then, as a Canon. We will see if I will miss the canon look, but from the images and videos that I have seen, the fuji look seems excellent to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, boukmanmutt said:

Good morning to all guys. Thank you so much for the passion in which you have helped me, your suggestions have been precious and have helped me a lot. In the end the game was between the Eos RP and the Fuji X-T3 and I decided to buy the Fuji X-T3. The offer I found for Fuji was too tempting (850 euros with one year warranty). Now I will buy a speedbooster and in the meantime I will sell the Olympus 12-60 4/3 to buy another lens later.

I think you'll be happy with it as long as you don't rely on AF too much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, IronFilm said:

If you been willing to wait a little while for the price drops... then the newly announced Nikon Z5 might have been perfect for you!

My son is about to be born, I really wanted something now, that i can start using and understanding. 

 

20 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I think you'll be happy with it as long as you don't rely on AF too much. 

Never cared about autofocus. I've worked as a focus puller. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, boukmanmutt said:

My son is about to be born, I really wanted something now, that i can start using and understanding. 

 

Never cared about autofocus. I've worked as a focus puller. 

what speedbooster are you going with?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, boukmanmutt said:

My son is about to be born, I really wanted something now, that i can start using and understanding. 

 

Yes, family video is 90% of what I do nowadays,  and 4k 60p is the best format to use to capture the most live You-Are-There video.

Another thing I did is replace all the lamps in my house with 5000K Led bulbs. That solved major white balance problems caused

by window light mixing with indoor lamps, and solved some major color grading headaches.  They looked strangely cool for a few days,

but we became used to them fast (the old lamps look horribly yellow now).

On X-T3 I use the Eterna film simulation at DR 200, but boost the color level in camera. I find it needs no further grading if exposed

correctly at the right white balance, a major time saver.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, boukmanmutt said:

My son is about to be born, I really wanted something now, that i can start using and understanding. 

 

Never cared about autofocus. I've worked as a focus puller. 

FWIW manual focus is a real chore on Fuji lenses. Fly by wire lens design makes it near impossible to get consistent rack pulls.

Not to mention there is nothing more erratic and unpredictable  than a toddler.

That said congratulations and let us know how that all works out for ya!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Django said:

FWIW manual focus is a real chore on Fuji lenses. Fly by wire lens design makes it near impossible to get consistent rack pulls.

Not to mention there is nothing more erratic and unpredictable  than a toddler.

That said congratulations and let us know how that all works out for ya!

He won't be moving around very much for at least another year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

I could give it a try for just two hours but the impressions are really good. Works great in low light, the videos are really legit. 

Only thing for me that i was used to the bMpcc and 5dmark II lcd, the lcd is small so it costs for me to focus, but i will get used.

 

Also the grip sucks but i see they sell a handle for 24 euros, i will buy it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...