Vivitar/Samyang 7mm 3.5 with Metabones

Dude_ger

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
52 minutes ago, Dude_ger said:

Hi, did somebody test this combination- GH4/5 with Speedbooster0.71 and this lens?

I am wondering if it will vignette...

Thanks a lot!

:46 is with that setup. I believe this was 1080p / 60p mode. 4k might crop a little more? You mean the 8mm 3.5mm, correct? No vignetting.

The black Magic pocket looks better but there was no fisheye option at the time. 

22 minutes ago, Dude_ger said:

Thanks! I am on GH5 at the moment.

As far as my research took me, there were several companys who made this lens, and one of them claimed a lens a 8mm because they wanted to sale a "new model"..

Nice video btw, good to see new and oldschool filming style cobined together :)

Thanks man. This was the Rokinon 8mm I think? It's been a while since i've used that setup. It worked really well at the time though.

13 hours ago, Dude_ger said:

Hi, did somebody test this combination- GH4/5 with Speedbooster0.71 and this lens?

I am wondering if it will vignette...

Thanks a lot!

Do you own these?

An alternative for MFT is the SLR Magic 8mm F4.  Not quite as wide but the image quality is pretty decent and they’re not too expensive.  I just upgraded to the 7.5mm F2 Laowa to get the extra aperture, but the SLR Magic IQ was fine.

5 hours ago, Dude_ger said:

Yes. My thought was, to use a EF Version on a Booster to get even wider.

Interesting. Do you want the lens to be rectilinear? I'm not familiar with the Samyang you're talking about.

If not then there's a world of fisheye lenses out there, although I don't know how wide you can go if you want to fill the frame, as fisheyes tend to show you the complete image circle.

Kai W on YouTube posted a video recently that had a 4mm fisheye (IIRC) but it was a circle and if you cropped in then you would be throwing away some width.

On 12/7/2019 at 5:07 AM, Dude_ger said:

Yes. My thought was, to use a EF Version on a Booster to get even wider.

Some info from my old post - https://www.skateboard.com.au/article/20-93527-1/best-fisheye-setup-for-gh/

I have a GH5 and a Zcam E2 these days and an 8mm fisheye with the 0.64x speed booster gives a tiny amount of vignette, but very easy to crop out if desired. Regular speed booster 0.71x will give you no Vig.

@kye that s my actual problem, since i want it to be rectilinear but also wide :)
i used a Tokina 11-16 wide angle which was pretty cool, but it was version 1 which did not work well with the booster.

@tweak thanks, so 8mm would be fine i think. I also thought about the Peleng since i know it well from the skateboarding days.

20 hours ago, Dude_ger said:

@kye that s my actual problem, since i want it to be rectilinear but also wide :)
i used a Tokina 11-16 wide angle which was pretty cool, but it was version 1 which did not work well with the booster.

@tweak thanks, so 8mm would be fine i think. I also thought about the Peleng since i know it well from the skateboarding days.

Peleng is a solid option if you want more vignette, it will vignette more than an Rokinon (or similar) 8mm fisheye lenses, this is due to the type of distortion pattern it has.
Peleng has an equidistant distortion which is one of the most common types, the Rokinon has a Sterographic projection which makes things at the edges seem a little less squashed but will also give you a greater FOV than any other typical fisheye when cropped to a Full Frame image with no vignette. Canon 8-15 has another distortion pattern again in its equisolid distortion which gives you a little more FOV in the corners than a Pelengm, as closer to the edge of 180degrees the image is more squashed, but less FOV than a Stereographic projection.
I think the most classic look and type of projection is from the 8-15L and it's probably why so many people use it. The Rokinon has a cool projection but if you're going for that true "fisheye" look it tends to look less fishy IMO.