what about s1?

stefanocps

11 hours ago, currensheldon said:

The crop in 60fps is a bummer, but if you want a full frame camera that shoots 60fps, this is your only option. Honestly, I think this camera packs in so much more quality and features than the Z6 and EOS R that the extra money is justified. 

1DX2 shoots 4K60p at 1.3x crop. So it isn't the only FF camera option. A7S3 will probably be first to do FF 4K60p no crop.

As for S1 packing "so much more features". I dunno. It doesn't even have Log unless you wait & pay for it. Limited codec options (no ALL-I). Weighs almost double. And of course DfD AF that hunts all over the place. That last one is a deal breaker for me personally.. what good is great IQ if you miss the shot? YMMV depending on shooting style..

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yeah but the EOS-R doesn't have DPAF in 4K. So that is the reason I am not big on Any of the new cameras out. They all seem to have some goofy thing that just makes you want to pull your hair out. Why everyone one of them has to half ass some feature is just crazy. I will cut Nikon some slack as it is their first big time effort but.. It just seems to me if Someone would come out with everything but the kitchen sink, the best there is available in one they couldn't make them fast enough. The GH5, PK4 is the only 2 that looks like they tried to do that. Well the Fuji X-T3 looks like a nice effort, forgot about it. And the PK4 by not having good AF and no IBIS does not appeal to a broad audience. Lots of normal people bought them, but they won't keep them long. Well there is the Olympus EM1 X, but that is crazy money, maybe rightfully so, but they won't sell 35 of them.

The new cameras are getting better, but now the big boys have screwed the pooch by changing their mounts. So they are still a shit pot full of money if you want to go that route. It never ends how they scheme to get your money.