Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 AF for stills!

Stab

Is there anyone here with the GH5 / GH4 that shoots with the Sigma 18-35 on a (Canon) Speedbooster and can tell me something about the autofocus when taking stills?

Is it accurate? And is which mode is it working the best? Would I be able to trust it for shooting stills?

I shoot with the Nikon version of this setup now, thinking I would never need to shoot stills, but since recently I get asked a lot to shoot stills. And I love this lens / combo.

Anyone who has tested it or could test it for me? Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
56 minutes ago, Stab said:

Is there anyone here with the GH5 / GH4 that shoots with the Sigma 18-35 on a (Canon) Speedbooster and can tell me something about the autofocus when taking stills?

Is it accurate? And is which mode is it working the best? Would I be able to trust it for shooting stills?

I shoot with the Nikon version of this setup now, thinking I would never need to shoot stills, but since recently I get asked a lot to shoot stills. And I love this lens / combo.

Anyone who has tested it or could test it for me? Thanks!

This is difficult to answer without knowing about the application. What do you want to shoot? Sports have entirely different requirements to portraits or travel photography. 

I use the Viltrox+Sigma (EOS mount) setup. First time I tried it for stills, it reminded me of the time I was using the EM1mk1 with the Viltrox FT to m43 adapter and Olympus 14-54mm f2.8-3.5 mk2. Quite snappy but not spectacularly fast. I'd say at the same level as some older native m43 lenses. If I use the setup for stills it will be for static subjects, so, again, depends on your application.