Why Panasonic still lagging behind with PDAF?

Amazeballs

Can someone explain WHY Panasonic still have not put PDAF in their cameras? Is there a technical limitation for that? Sony figured out this just fine in their Alpha 6300-6500 line, what takes Panasonic so much time to invent or buy this tech and apply it to their cameras? Everyone knows that Panas CAF is unreliable and this is there Achilles heel, everyone is bashing Panasonic for that.. and yet they still didnt figured that out for some reason. Do you think they ever going to introduce PDAF in their cameras at all? Or they will stick to their contrast based AF for eternity? 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

because? 

is that a rhetorical question, or do you really believe anyone here has inside information?

the same could just as easily be asked about other cameras that don’t have dual SD card slots, 4K 60p, unlimited recording time, focus peaking, best in class remote app, intervalometer, sensible UI, anamorphic de-squeeze, clean full HDMI out, crazy long battery life, well designed handgrip, internal 10-bit, ETC mode, loadable LUTs, waveform monitor, IBIS, ALL-I 400Mbps, HLG, the ability to store all user settings on an SD card, headphone jack, articulating touch screen, and on and on... 

why don’t you contact Panasonic directly and ask?

Because if Panasonic polish every single camera aspect as shooting tool, and polish them all at once - there will be no room for others. Fact that brands that we are discussing are almost exclusively Japanese is not insignificant. But it seems to me that Panasonic still is grandmaster between all polisher. Finally, if Panasonic suddenly make every single wish perfected, there will be no reason more for us to meet each other at eoshd - which, I'd say, will inevitable turn mother nature furiously against camera makers.

10 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Trolling is beneath you, Glenn. I don't join in Sony and Canon threads and tell them to buy Panasonic. And if you look back, most of the times I brought up the features of the Panasonic was when you kept insisting I buy a Canon! =)

Is that trolling? Seriously though, people should be buying cameras based on their needs and if AF is a top priority, then don’t buy a Panasonic. If sensible menus are important, don’t buy a Sony. If 4K is important to a buyer with a $1000 dollar budget, don’t buy a Canon.