Sign in to follow this  
shijan

Sony E-Mount, how durable is it?

Hello everyone. Currently i developing a little DIY project and have an idea to implement Sony E-Mount to be able attach various adaptors for lens testing. E-Mount has short flange distance, its diameter big enough to fit any lens and there are tons of inexpensive lens adaptors on ebay.

But as so as it don't use clamping nut as pl-mount, IMS or b4-mount, i'm not sure how durable, rugged and precise this mount appears to be. I would like to to hear your personal opinion regarding usage of this mount in real life... Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

To me the e-mount have a very robust build,  have put a Nikon 80-200 lens obvoisuly with len support, also my camera usually have the 35-105 Canon FD lens and the Tokina 28-80mm on it, no problems so far.

My Nex 5n:

IMG_0460.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By sekwenza
      Good condition speedbooster, switched to GH5 hence the sale. Would consider exchange for MFT version or 35mm Leica R (+some cash).
      150€ + postage

• By Gilly
      Sony NEX-FS100EK with 18-200mm lens for sale on ebay...
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-NEX-FS100-Super35mm-Camcorder-/182466513293?mfe=si_en-GB_itemClick&mpt=1488295972051&clk_rvr_id=1175061798185
      Having a clear out of old, no longer used kit. 
      Ship to UK only. 
      Thanks for looking

• By Sampler1
      I found a solution to rechipping my old Sigma Canon mount lenses, so they work with my newer Canon 60D, 80D body. Works with all Sigma lens models.
      I just did two Sigma 70-210 and a Sigma 400mm lens.
      Easy to install and great instructions. Many people said not possible? haha
      Works like a charm!
      www.facebook.com/rechip.
      You can purchase here and all the info you need is there also. Very Cheap. 
    • By plochmann
      I did a rough test between three cameras: the Nikon D750, Lumix GH2, and Black Magic Pocket Camera.  I wanted to see how their videos compared in general.  I'm swamped in work, so I couldn't make this as good as I wanted.  I literally shot it on lunch break from a day job at an PR firm.  However, I think the results are clear and I wanted to share the video and a link to my blog with you guys in hopes that others can learn or give me some good feedback on questions I raise.  I'm rusty on the whole shooting thing because I've devoted the last 3 years to teaching and commercial work/writing.  It's good to get back into it, and necessary because I have  a script I want to shoot next month.  

http://www.production1studio.com/2016/02/23/3-camera-test/

I know some won't be interested in the blog link above, like I'm plugging myself, but there is a lot of insight into the footage, what I was trying to do, and a big piece on lenses and the way they work (like feel) on different cameras.    

• By zeemonkeeman
      Hey fellas!
      Recently ditched my 5D3 for A7s. Mostly because of low light stuff but also for better slomo capabilities.
      Yesterday I tried 120p for the first time but I totally forgot about the flicker and WB was on auto so it doesn't went too well.

Any tips on shooting extreme slomo indoors?