NX1 vs a6300 image quality?

s0ny

4 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

This is with the zeiss milvus glass (and tiffen black satin filter)

this is with my nikkor 50mm. Download originals

My theory are the zeiss (and any other high resolving modern lens ) is producing true resolution at 6k so the image processor is not sharpening the image. You can see in the nikkor that since the lens is not resolving at 6k the processor ramps up in camera sharpening. I attribute this to a lot of the sharpening artifacts in the second video

I never used the a6300 so I truly do not know but I personally would not. I always worry about damaging the mount of smaller cameras. I am iffy about even putting them on my nx1 ! Oddly enough I think the sony sensors look better with canon fd lenses. I only got the zeiss for the nx1 cause the sensor is very picky. Its resolution hungry

"He a little player," ha. Great footage... And damn you have a pretty steady hand. If that was my video, you'd have motion sickness. 

The Zeiss look amazing. 

The footage must be crazy sharp without the black satin. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, mercer said:

"He a little player," ha. Great footage... And damn you have a pretty steady hand. If that was my video, you'd have motion sickness. 

The Zeiss look amazing. 

The footage must be crazy sharp without the black satin. 

? LOL he was trying to make out with those girls, kids totally braver than I am haha. The zeiss lenses are ridiculously sharp, once again they produce true resolution. I can use noise reduction in stills and not have to worrying about sharpening the image and potential grain along with it. I personally like using diffusion cause of how it affects lighting but without these filters you can see every pore its crazy

On March 16, 2016 at 9:41 AM, kidzrevil said:

? LOL he was trying to make out with those girls, kids totally braver than I am haha. The zeiss lenses are ridiculously sharp, once again they produce true resolution. I can use noise reduction in stills and not have to worrying about sharpening the image and potential grain along with it. I personally like using diffusion cause of how it affects lighting but without these filters you can see every pore its crazy

Yeah right, I just picked up a Sigma, and although it's not as sharp as your Zeiss... I never realized how ugly I was until I saw my self through that lens. Lol. 

And yes, that kid had major game... I'm wondering if I should go out and buy some Huggies... It might work if I can find 'em in my size.