RetroFlex-S - Rolleiflex styling video rig for a5100 and bmpcc!

richg101

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

You could throw something like this together for perhaps 50 bucks with third party accessories. Like a pistolgrip, brackets, loupe, maybe some spraypaint and decals/printable stickers. So indeed, horribly overpriced and super hipster. Kind of like some of these crowdfunding campaigns that were there to have a pistol grip for your smartphone... didn't this start out as one of those too? Believe this isn't new. I don't know... and don't care. This is definitely not for me. And if I would want a pistol grip, I'd already be using something similar build from scratch.

I dunno.  I thought this looked great and certainly better than the rubbish pistol grips and ugly cheap loupes you'd have to put together to match this.  The fact that it's a lanc connector and probably a nicer optical element in the loupe makes for a rather nifty little setup with an a5100 or bmpcc in there.  The look of the piece is lovely.  Why not make something pretty?  

Something is only hipster if the user falls under the bracket of hipster.  I expect if a pro was running around shooting a silent wedding video with this and a bmpcc plus some old bolex h16 primes it would generate him a lot of business from the aesthetic the setup would produce from shooting this way - but also by the fact that he's being seen doing so by the girls who are also due to be married and looking to see how the photographer works.  

No hipsters would buy this anyway - they spend too much money on tattoos and beard styling goods.  Very few hipsters are actually creative or talented. 

26 minutes ago, richg101 said:

I dunno.  I thought this looked great and certainly better than the rubbish pistol grips and ugly cheap loupes you'd have to put together to match this.  The fact that it's a lanc connector and probably a nicer optical element in the loupe makes for a rather nifty little setup with an a5100 or bmpcc in there.  The look of the piece is lovely.  Why not make something pretty?  

Something is only hipster if the user falls under the bracket of hipster.  I expect if a pro was running around shooting a silent wedding video with this and a bmpcc plus some old bolex h16 primes it would generate him a lot of business from the aesthetic the setup would produce from shooting this way - but also by the fact that he's being seen doing so by the girls who are also due to be married and looking to see how the photographer works.  

No hipsters would buy this anyway - they spend too much money on tattoos and beard styling goods.  Very few hipsters are actually creative or talented. 

Dont get me wrong i really like this product and was seriously considering it back when i was using the pocket. The problem was that it costed almost the same as the camera! And now this campaign shows why they priced that high, they are aiming wealthy hipsters. 

But I am sure other people can put it to a good use.