Have to Buy A New Camera- D5300 or D750?

Dustin

Dustin, I'd rate a G7 as a far more "video friendly" camera than a D5300

I'm sure it is! Well for now like I said, I do take pictures for my main job. Videography is unfortunately my "side-business". I don't really get to get into videography as much as I'd like to. I will purchase a d5300 body to use for work/side jobs and then perhaps start looking at a seperate camera for myself

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

How about a Nikon D7000 (saw a bunch of refurbished ones go on ebay for just US$350) plus a Panasonic G7? 

As the D7000 gives you the semi pro body styling and built in lens motor (so you can pick up cheaper AF-D series lenses and not just G series ones) and its photo capabilities are close enough I'd say to a D7100/D7200 for your level of work.

And if you wait around a bit you'll be able to get the G7 for bargain prices for sure.

Additionally in the future each camera acts as a back up to the other one in a pinch if I you neeed it again.

Ah I think you are right, I ultimately need to get 2 bodies. While the built in motor would be quite nice (Had a wonderful 50mm 1.8d that was a pain to manually focus on the tiny d5200 screen), I think this is the one I'm going to go for. Refurbed they run 399 at adorama. If I get my d5200 and it works, I can trade that in for about 200 thus leaving me with a little cash to start saving for a second body.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

In my 2-year experience with it no, gorgeous still and accurate/fast AF and actually beautiful HD video aside from aliasing and moire. The body qualitym and ergonomics is a whole different league from mirrorless/EntrylevelDslrs

Ok so my dilemma is as follows: d5300 body refurb from Nikon is 400. D5500 body Nikon refurb from adorama is 599. Which one would you do? The newer model has the flat profile. But I already have flaat 11 which actually seems to grade ok considering it's not an a7sii/gh4/ pick your better camera. If I want to invest in two bodies I could get the cheaper one then save for a better camera in a few paychecks. Idk...

Ok so my dilemma is as follows: d5300 body refurb from Nikon is 400. D5500 body Nikon refurb from adorama is 599. Which one would you do? The newer model has the flat profile. But I already have flaat 11 which actually seems to grade ok considering it's not an a7sii/gh4/ pick your better camera. If I want to invest in two bodies I could get the cheaper one then save for a better camera in a few paychecks. Idk...

You can get a new D5500 body for $510 on eBay. 

I'd like to thank everyone here who has helped me with advice. Pulling the trigger on the 399.99 d5300 body from adorama. It is compatible with my lenses and if I want to grade it looks pretty good with flaat 11 and luts for my tastes. When I get my old d5200 from the shop, I may keep it as a back up or sell it. But I will now begin saving for a video camera + rig specifically for my personal stuff. Ideas include but not limited to: bmpcc, g7, gh4. 

Maybe someone here can help me. I was using my tokina at-x 28-70 2.8 with manual aperture and the d5300 for the first time today and something odd happened. I would get a warning from the camera that I need to set the lens to the minimum aperture and lock it there, othervise it would not record. I had to switch the apreture on camera. If I push down on that little hook on the body mount it works normally for manual aperture. This does not happen on any of my nikor manual lenses. any thoughts? Maybe I should just tape over the electronic contacts on the lens?

Maybe someone here can help me. I was using my tokina at-x 28-70 2.8 with manual aperture and the d5300 for the first time today and something odd happened. I would get a warning from the camera that I need to set the lens to the minimum aperture and lock it there, othervise it would not record. I had to switch the apreture on camera. If I push down on that little hook on the body mount it works normally for manual aperture. This does not happen on any of my nikor manual lenses. any thoughts? Maybe I should just tape over the electronic contacts on the lens?

Custom Settings Bank > f Controls > f9 Customize command dials > Aperture settings > Aperture Ring.

Done, maybe the d5300 doesn't have this option, all bigger nikons have it.