FM lens discount

Cosimo murgolo

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
@Cosimo Murgolo

I am looking at this thread in the light of the Forum rules on Selling. It would appear that you are setting yourself up as an agent for these goods, and I feel obliged to remind you about the Forum rules on Selling detailed below:

PROVE THEY HAVE THE GOODS

- Request to see photos of the items being sold with their EOSHD username displayed alongside it, preferably in handwriting on piece of paper so it cannot be faked.

COMMUNICATE

- Check their forum posting history, see if they are new. If they have a genuine history of posts and contributions to the forum, the seller is more likely to be genuine.
- If possible speak with the seller by telephone
- Until a deal has been closed, converse with the seller openly on the forum

ASK FOR ID

- Get a real name, address and ID
- If they refuse full details on privacy grounds, ask to continue the deal and all private comms via eBay instead of the forum

USE SAFE PAYMENT METHOD

- DO NOT use Western Union or wire transfers
- PayPal is preferable over bank transfers
- Ask if they accept cash on collection

SELLERS

- Sellers should provide a price in the main topic
- Sellers should provide a link to their feedback on eBay and be contactable via their eBay account
- Topics that don't meet these rules may be at risk of being deleted

DISCLAIMER
EOSHD is not responsible for buying and selling on the forums, deal at your own risk and buyer beware

In addition to these rules I will also remind you about international regulations governing Rules of origin for imported and exported goods:

other countrys have equivalent legislation, designed to prevent under the counter trading in goods.

I dont make the rules here, Andrew Reid does. 

If you feel that you are a special case, then you should seek relaxation of the rules from Andrew Reid personally and display any concession granted here. Else you run the risk of having this thread purged.

To be fair, if you read the thread:

What is being discussed is a checking of interest in the focus module to push prices down, not a reselling by comurit. And so far it's at the early stage for interest-checking, there has not even been a discussion yet for how a possible discount would be given.

I can agree on the part that we really need more information about Anamorphic shop before ordering anything from them. No website so far, only a Facebook page. I'd rather know who's behind it all before ordering anything from them, discount code or not.

I must agree on what came up in the earlier thread: You as a moderator are biased - you are using the rules for selling on the forum, when the discussion is on the topic of interest-checking and discount - something that could be a nice thing for every user of the anamorphic forum. (Not too different from when Andrew got early-buyers discounts on the SLR Magic for the joy of the forum users). I see these kind of community efforts as something that adds to this community, not subtracts.

Could it possibly have something to do with the fact that you have anamorphic business yourself that you want to protect? I'm a longtime reader of this forum and I'd want unbiased moderation on this forum.

Threatening to purge a thread sounds like you do it for your own good, to be honest. I have a hard time seeing it any other way, however much I'd like to.

To be fair, if you read the thread:

What is being discussed is a checking of interest in the focus module to push prices down, not a reselling by comurit. And so far it's at the early stage for interest-checking, there has not even been a discussion yet for how a possible discount would be given.

I can agree on the part that we really need more information about Anamorphic shop before ordering anything from them. No website so far, only a Facebook page. I'd rather know who's behind it all before ordering anything from them, discount code or not.

I must agree on what came up in the earlier thread: You as a moderator are biased - you are using the rules for selling on the forum, when the discussion is on the topic of interest-checking and discount - something that could be a nice thing for every user of the anamorphic forum. (Not too different from when Andrew got early-buyers discounts on the SLR Magic for the joy of the forum users). I see these kind of community efforts as something that adds to this community, not subtracts.

Could it possibly have something to do with the fact that you have anamorphic business yourself that you want to protect? I'm a longtime reader of this forum and I'd want unbiased moderation on this forum.

Threatening to purge a thread sounds like you do it for your own good, to be honest. I have a hard time seeing it any other way, however much I'd like to.

thank you very much dahlfors, you've explained it very well.

@Cosimo Murgolo

I am looking at this thread in the light of the Forum rules on Selling. It would appear that you are setting yourself up as an agent for these goods, and I feel obliged to remind you about the Forum rules on Selling detailed below:

PROVE THEY HAVE THE GOODS

- Request to see photos of the items being sold with their EOSHD username displayed alongside it, preferably in handwriting on piece of paper so it cannot be faked.

COMMUNICATE

- Check their forum posting history, see if they are new. If they have a genuine history of posts and contributions to the forum, the seller is more likely to be genuine.
- If possible speak with the seller by telephone
- Until a deal has been closed, converse with the seller openly on the forum

ASK FOR ID

- Get a real name, address and ID
- If they refuse full details on privacy grounds, ask to continue the deal and all private comms via eBay instead of the forum

USE SAFE PAYMENT METHOD

- DO NOT use Western Union or wire transfers
- PayPal is preferable over bank transfers
- Ask if they accept cash on collection

SELLERS

- Sellers should provide a price in the main topic
- Sellers should provide a link to their feedback on eBay and be contactable via their eBay account
- Topics that don't meet these rules may be at risk of being deleted

DISCLAIMER
EOSHD is not responsible for buying and selling on the forums, deal at your own risk and buyer beware

In addition to these rules I will also remind you about international regulations governing Rules of origin for imported and exported goods:

other countrys have equivalent legislation, designed to prevent under the counter trading in goods.

I dont make the rules here, Andrew Reid does. 

If you feel that you are a special case, then you should seek relaxation of the rules from Andrew Reid personally and display any concession granted here. Else you run the risk of having this thread purged.

@ Sir Barlow John

stretch your imagination!!!!!

@JohnBarlow I think you seriously need to rethink your stance on these forums.  If you are just here to push your product and then censor other products that you think are "competing" with yours, then you are mistaken.  You should step down as moderator if you are going to be biased about this.

• Administrators

@JohnBarlow I think you seriously need to rethink your stance on these forums.  If you are just here to push your product and then censor other products that you think are "competing" with yours, then you are mistaken.  You should step down as moderator if you are going to be biased about this.

I'm afraid I agree with my readers on this John. What seems to be going on here isn't really fair. The selling "rules" are not a set of laws to be enforced by mods, they're meant as a general guideline to staying safe and as a disclaimer. Also your bad relationship with some of the other mods isn't sustainable. I'm afraid from now on you will no longer have moderator rights on the forum John. Sorry.

I am sure you can appreciate my position here. I feel you are abusing your power as a moderator to sell your stuff and censor competitors and this is just not acceptable. Way too many complaints for you to stay as a mod.

Andrew, you are entitled to run your forum the way you see fit.

Public rescinding of moderator privileges for someone who was the first to publicly offer my services as a moderator is, I guess, your style.

Of course, I was not the only moderator with business interests.

Since you have now unlocked this thread, that I locked earlier,  do I take it to mean that you are now lending support to this mysterious party, who couldn't be bothered to come into this community to talk about their products?

Let us all hope that if issues arise later, then they will be more communicative in solving them.

Any idea if this will work with the Kowa B&H?

I asked anamorphic-shop the same question on facebook - he said yes, but because the FM attachment is designed for a 70.6mm diameter (like the cinelux / ultra stars) and the B&H is smaller, it would need an additional mounting ring.

He said he would post a video of the additional mounting ring soon, so I guess we'll see what that means