Kinefinity 2016 Nian new product launches

瞿盛龙

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 hours ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

Depending what kind of work you do, I'm not sure that's an upgrade. Cineform has better compatibility (I'm a Windows user) and is more robust then 422HQ.

I agree, Cineform raw is a far superior codec. Smaller file sizes than Prores 444 and retains all raw metadata. I think there are a lot of people who just prefer Prores though for whatever reason as it was mentioned several times.

13 hours ago, Hanriverprod said:

Is the kinemon port a proprietary port for their kinemon monitor?  Also, I'm assuming the hd port type A is hdmi. Trying to figure out if I need the kineback.

I would be careful of their battery life estimates. Their old version of Kinegrip for the KineMini and Max never lasted anywhere near the claimed time in the manual despite optimizing power settings as instructed.

1 hour ago, silvertonesx24 said:

I agree, Cineform raw is a far superior codec. Smaller file sizes than Prores 444 and retains all raw metadata. I think there are a lot of people who just prefer Prores though for whatever reason as it was mentioned several times.

I suppose the main advantage is for corporate/commercial work, as a lot of clients specifically request ProRes deliverables. But having played with Kinefinity Cineform files, I'd stick with that unless absolutely necessary.

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Elagabalus said:

I'm just worried because Blackmagic botched the release of URSA Mini. Maybe Kinefinity have problems with magenta corners and switchable shutter, too?

They've never put out products with bugs like that before, and bungling such a widely anticipated release could haunt them forever. I'm guessing they'll put out a problem-free product at any cost.