APS-C and Super 35mm just went full frame - Metabones Speed Booster

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

They probably aren't at the top of the game optically speaking, but the Rokinon cine lenses have now become a great option against the 25mm Voigtlander I was gathering money for.
If a full frame lens becomes like a Super 35mm lens (sort of) on my GH2/3, then a Rokinon 35mm T1.5 would roughly become a 50mm T1.1, am I wrong? Having a consistent look through them ready for focus pulling, and a really fast one at that, is a great set to have. I'll still need my 12mm SLR Magic, but having such fast lenses for a fraction of the Voigtlander's price (the 17.5 still appeals to me, though) is amazing. This is great news.

since most users wont touch anything longer than 135mm it isnt a problem.  Serious photographers using 300mm+ to take wildlife and other long distance photos would be better off using the APS-c crop to their advantage alongside fast phase AF anyway.  Youcan't please everyone i guess.  always a busy body to throw a spanner in the works and over emphasize an issue. 

Roger Cicala does still photo resolution tests on the Speed Booster.  You can see how it improves resolution in the center, as well as the SB's intentional sweetening of bokeh wide open with a bit of uncorrected spherical aberration.

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/01/metabones-magic

He's going to also try it out on a Canon 50/1.0 just to see what happens, even though the adapter is not designed to work with lenses faster than f/1.2.

Roger Cicala does still photo resolution tests on the Speed Booster.  You can see how it improves resolution in the center, as well as the SB's intentional sweetening of bokeh wide open with a bit of uncorrected spherical aberration.

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/01/metabones-magic

He's going to also try it out on a Canon 50/1.0 just to see what happens, even though the adapter is not designed to work with lenses faster than f/1.2.

What's really sad is that even though multiple independent reviewers are confirming the accuracy of the claims that Metabones has made for this device there will still be skeptics polluting every single topic here and elsewhere with their claims that this device, as described, is impossible.  Impossible due to the laws of physics or, my favorite, nothing a professional would consider using anyhow.  

Indeed, it's funny. I don't get all the confusion either. It is really simple. If you don't understand it, just look at the various tests. You'll see how it works and you'll see it actually does everything it promises. There's not even math involved. On aps-c camera's every lens will give you the same image as it would on a fullframe-camera (same fov, same dof) and you get an extra stop of light. Thats all...

Anyway, let the whiners whine. I don't think people will be able to spot the use of a Speed Booster in final results. I'll be extremely happy with mine.

I see many angry men joining topics about the metabones speed booster.  angry because now their full frame 'get out of jail free card' which at one time or another may have made them feel as though it gave them the edge when talking about photography, has now had some of it's authority and prestige undermined.  I'd be pretty upset if I had just forked out for a canon 6D to get a cheap full frame (after hankering for full frame for years since film photography died), while not needing fast response phase AF, only to realise I could have instead got a NEX7 for less money, which every lens I intended on buying for the 6D is now 1 stop faster, or if stopped down to the same exposure is now in 90% of situations sharper than on my 6D.  It's the same as the way the Leica boys get angry with Leica M mount lenses from SLR magic.  It undermines the edge they feel they have over the normal guys, and alienates the normal guys who just spent a fortune on a full frame camera when they could have gone aps-c (modern sony sensors which outperform all that canon can do) for half the price and spent the rest on a metabones SB and another piece of L glass