Which will work better?

mercer

I have a web series project I am working on and I was planning on getting the D5500 for a good 1080p. But with the price of the G7 being so good, I am not sure if that is the way to go. I am a fan of transcoding 4K down to 1080p, I feel it has a weight to the image. But, for my needs, will the 1080p from the D5500 be a better choice? 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

You wouldn't really spend time transcoding, right? Just enter it in a 1080p timeline should work okay. More resolution and framing options with the g7 of ourse and might be more gradeable than the d5500, but might look more digital with the sharpness you can't really lower. D5500 could be more organic and nicer colors. Tough call. Probably can't go wrong either way

Oh yeah, it definitely is, but the time transcoding it to 1080p. The web series, I have in mind is designed to be a quick shoot, edit and turn around. Doesn't matter anyway, because I bought the G7, should be here tomorrow. Shit, now I have to sell some stuff. Anybody need any lenses?

You wouldn't really spend time transcoding, right? Just enter it in a 1080p timeline should work okay. More resolution and framing options with the g7 of ourse and might be more gradeable than the d5500, but might look more digital with the sharpness you can't really lower. D5500 could be more organic and nicer colors. Tough call. Probably can't go wrong either way

I think entering it into a 1080p timeline will crop it even further. With EditReady, for a 30 second clip, it takes about 3 to 5 minutes to convert it to 1080p. 

Good point, but what cinched the deal was the ability to use c-mount lenses with it. I got the camera today, only had a few minutes to mess with it, but the conversion was twice as quick as the nx500, which is precisely what I was looking for and the image quality is beautiful. Also, I really want a camera with a mic input for this web series. For some reason though, the cinelike profiles are greyed out, I probably have to enable something to have access to them. I used the kit lens and it actually isn't that bad, but I will probably sell it to bring the cost down even further. 

Sorry, that response was all over the place. I'm exhausted from Thanksgiving festivities.