3840 x 2160 is available in 10bit at 24p, 25p and 30p with no crop – it is full frame.
The later paid update is for a higher bitrate 10bit 4:2:2 mode and V-LOG, but in the meantime 10bit H.265 provides the silky smooth colour of 10bit with HDR and much smaller file sizes.
“Interlock” is the band in my video shot at “The Famous Gold Watch” Studios. I highly recommend checking them out. The studios are run by my friend Cameron – check them out if you need mixing, mastering and recording facilities in Berlin!
So I can update EOSHD Pro Color for Sony’s latest colour science I bought the new A7R III from Berlin’s one and only Sony Store this week. $3500 seems to be Sony’s new standard price and yes I am finally broke… but the improvements over the old model turn out to be quite special – especially the new Hybrid LOG Gamma picture profiles.
I’ve been testing a pre-production version of this on my camera thanks to Panasonic, to bring you my first impressions of the new features which include:
- Professional 400Mbit ALL-I intraframe codec for 10bit 4K 4:2:2
- “Open Gate” High Resolution Anamorphic Mode (4992 x 3744)
- Hybrid Log Gamma with view assist feature for HDR shooting
- New and improved autofocus engine for video
- Performance optimisations and bug fixes
Read on to find out what it’s like to shoot with…