Resolve 12 Will Change Everything

The color control in Resolve is very powerful but I find for me as a non-hardcore colorist I find the tools in Premiere and Speedgrade easier to get where I want. Also, Resolve is slower working with h264 files than PP. So you either need to invest in a better processor or much more hard disk space to work with converted ProRes/DNxHD files. Neat Video also costs a lot more for Resolve than PP/FCPX. And from what I've seen of the editing I don't think it's really any better than what's already on offer.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A free non-linear editor that will be good enough to do a lot of work - and a great organizational tool like Resolve futher makes me think this is going to be a game-changer again.  Why put all this s

Don't know if this is relevant to you, but Resolve 12 is now running without special 3D graphics cards as stated above. 11 didn't work at all on my Lenovo with HD Graphics 4400, but it now does.

Looks like any other "freemium" model to me that's meant to upsell/crosssell. There are tons of examples all over, most obviously in the free or super-cheap "educational" and the "personal" versions w