Too Many Lenses?

mercer

• Super Members

Thanks, that's what I figured. I do have to reiterate though. I am really a fan of your work. You are getting some good, quality imagery out of these cameras. Are there any future plans for a feature film or narrative work?

Also, if you were on a tight budget, which camera would you recommend... BMPCC or the G7 (knowing what we know about it) ?

Honestly, if the M3 was a little cheaper. I would consider upgrading to that because I would love to have focus peaking without ML. 

Either way I am going to shoot a project with the eos-m, but I would like to get a better camera soon so I can familiarize myself with it as I may have back to back projects on the horizon. 

Me personally I would get the bmpcc. It's easier to get going with a g7 but I would jump pretty much through any hoop to get the image from a cinema camera. And a camera like a g7 quickly drops in price where I live so I can buy one for $200 within a year.

No feature narrative in the pipe now. I'm finishing up a documentary that I hope will get broadcast and am in the planing process of the next. But I will hopefully shoot a feature documentary soon, have some ideas but need to further develop them. As always work gets in the way.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Me personally I would get the bmpcc. It's easier to get going with a g7 but I would jump pretty much through any hoop to get the image from a cinema camera. And a camera like a g7 quickly drops in price where I live so I can buy one for $200 within a year.

No feature narrative in the pipe now. I'm finishing up a documentary that I hope will get broadcast and am in the planing process of the next. But I will hopefully shoot a feature documentary soon, have some ideas but need to further develop them. As always work gets in the way.

Good luck with your documentary. Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I like the shiny new toy aspect of 4K but to be honest, the Raw from the BMPCC has been on my mind since the first time I saw footage from it... So much so that I have been collecting c-mount lenses to use with it when I get one. I also recently saw some footage from a modded gopro to take interchangeable c-mount lenses. The footage I saw looked great and I think they were using cs-mount lenses. Honestly, I'd really just like all 4... The m3, g7, bmpcc and the modded gopro... That isn't too much to ask... Is it?