GH3 vs EM-5 II

MiL0

Hi - does anyone have experience with both of these cameras? I'm tempted to sell my old GH3 and pick up the newer mk2 of the EM-5. 

I appreciate that the GH4 is probably better quality-wise, but I'm not interested in 4k and I'd prefer to have stabilisation for the type of run-and-gun filming I tend to do.

So, video quality-wise, how does the EM-5 II compare with the GH3?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

So, video quality-wise, how does the EM-5 II compare with the GH3?

For things that are moving, are at close range, not large depth of field it will be hard to see a difference. For static shots with detailed scenes gh3 has a clear advantage. 

The code in the emii allows for some grading which I wouldn't claim for em1. 

In my opinion stabilized video is very important for the quality of the video and doing it rigless is right now only possible with em5ii. I would suggest before you sell your gh3 to try the em5ii and shoot what you actually want to shoot and not test scenes. 

I've never used the EM-5 but GH3 is a great camera. The sensor stabilization on the EM-5 might be great for run n' gun. Check out the review here

Great points but I wouldn't call that a review ;). Better read his em1 review and keep in mind that as far as video goes the em5ii has a much better codec, improved video stabilization, focus peaking ,audio levels, ability to change exposure during video, clean hdmi out, and flip out screen.

Panasonic has gone through the process of WiFi certification for the GX8. So that's one to watch... (at some undefined point in time).

Would be cool though. The GX8 gotta be like the the E-M5II, but then done right.

The stabilization on the E-M5II looked really warpy at times and the general quality really seems to fall behind compared to the competition.

I've read there's a new firmware release for the E-M1 next month. Hopefully the E-M1 will get something more than friggin' 30p. 24p/25p and higher bitrate please!