Please no more action cam spam...

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

Recently there's been a lot of action cam posts on the forum, and I'd like to take the focus back to cinema.

The action cam stuff and GoPro is a very different type of tool and belongs in a different place.

So I kindly request @Emanuel that you stop with all the frequent outlinks to drones and action cams, and the very spammy YouTube content.

Thank you.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Of course Andrew, I even share your concern when people start to misplace concepts and praise some oddities like a new future for coming!... LOL : )

Even though, I don't think these small devices have no necessarily to be connected with killing anything or everything we've known so far.

I've also been pretty straightforward, no doubts, about it -- with a few posts there along that whole thread, not viable to leave here (several) links to, for clear grounds, it's just going there and read it : )

However, seems people tend to see it as two separate worlds when they are not and don't need to be. I mean on features, not film language!

Media convergence has brought room for a wider spectrum of applications.

Cinema has changed but this doesn't mean to end dead as looks like a macabre celebration at a certain point and also pointed out by a good fellow of ours for the subject matter.

The democratization of this medium has favoured such circumstances. The innovation on those small devices no less.

I don't see them as a threat. Trying to adapt their introductions on low light performance and stabilization resources to name a couple of them as a positive contribution and not the contrary.

Language will never be suppressed for technology adoption because it is beyond that. As actually written in that recent thread about the 24p topic.

My enthusiasm for new releases such as Ace Pro offering 8K 24p for so less bucks is nothing I take it as HFR (let alone 8K! : P) becoming the norm and replacement for the cinema look... : D It sounds even amusing when people think this will happen as inevitable.

On YT, unfortunately, pictures live nowadays released there, for everything and camera industry follows the trend. We all know written press has experienced a blow. Sometimes it is easier to post the thumbnail and live with that OP has already published on YT rather than somehow add a hidden link I guess people will end too lazy to even click it. We live in the planet where rules the law of the minor effort today. It is what it is.

To communicate whatever we intend to is the key then.

But, I will obviously consider your request as webmaster and salute you may add your concern over here. Nothing beats an open discussion and I believe this is what the forums are made for. You've made it or we wouldn't have the chance to be and share our thoughts here as happens.

It doesn't surprise me at all when we repeatedly see posts going on a different direction of your editorial choices.

Fortunately, this place exists or we'd be flooded by many spam entries. The open gate every time we land on YT, isn't it? ; )

Sometimes a way to have the possibility to discuss with people we share a few or more angles on it as that infamous thread around 24p as effectively shown. Maybe not the original intention of the OP but it's not hard to realize that from an attentive reading of the posts published and the discussion followed there. EOSHD (.com forum), your boards, are the only location where this is possible, where else...?

So, not much different for the small form factor devices aka "action cams". Don't think I also haven't noticed these same voices on those action cam threads (only one or a couple of those : D opened by me!) reverencing the smooth HFR... * cough cough * So, did I feed "the monster"? My bad, I apologise for the inconvenience. Seems the creation has surpassed the creator... LMAO Hey, I am not the only one... We live in a polytheism right in that front row! : D

Someone could say why not there on YT? With whom there, I'd incline to ask. Got the feeling? :- )

In a very particular note now, the one to roll my eyes is not the multitude of videos more or less all showing the same. Play ostrich won't solve the things. It is the spam of ideas what is something more noticeable of the times we have arrived from this digital age where we have ended. I don't also think to praise old school as mantra may help if not having an eye on both sides of the equation.

The recent drone remark that I'd get one as only camera to have because it is the only to fly... LOL : D it is surely a joke... Without mention how useful they are as tools for leveling up (y)our production values these days to those who struggle in the field. Or I wouldn't have ended to refer a cinema camera such as the Ursa Mini Pro (12K) I've recently added to my arsenal and I'd actually like to see more people here to show some attention to : )

Mirrorless world is fancy and alike but as user with countless units so far from many brand suppliers (I am not used to sell the mirrorless ones since the first GH1s, just the only couple of action cam units I bought in all my entire life once not happy with yet, what else can I put my focus on as crash/B/C cam?), I've arrived to the conclusion we cannot be closed on that form factor albeit an enthusiastic adopter since day one, one of the reasons as I've landed here. Or we tend to see mere marginal improvements from each most recent release. Let alone the overheating yadda yadda every time the usual suspects launch a "new" version of the same BTW.

Hence my enthusiasm on something coming to really make the difference. It's not at the level of the film language for sure! :- ) But flexibility on tools at one's/our disposal. The many, the more defiant self-reliance of a filmmaker is (EAG :- )

• Administrators

What an essay!

It's nothing personal, I just think a better fit for the forum would be less URLs, and shorter posts, on the subject of mirrorless cameras and I don't propose for one minute to dictate to people what cameras they can and can't talk about, but I do have a duty as the admin to make the place readable and moderate too much off of any one thing. After all the EOSHD forum is about mirrorless cameras and cinema, not really action cams, and honestly a lot of these kinds of post I am a bit suspicious about, they seem to be spam:

I am not going to stop people from talking about GoPros I just don't want to be spammed with it.

It is dominating the forum topics list and damaging the SEO of the forum.

No worries Andrew, c'mon I know but I appreciate your care. You know, I have to let it clear.

Seems we cannot make a long story short now from that information you've just posted, I see now even longer than I thought... ; ) I hadn't read it yet. Really. No problem, I understand your editorial standpoint : ) And it's fairly expectable when pops up certain crappy attempts to flood it with spam over our heads.

Here is an example you now point out. I hadn't seen yet that post by that "Herrham" making a racist joke addressed to some man/target based on such biblical name connected with a "very dumb horse"... : P Impressive. Very creative. When arguments lack. A charm. Had you/we ever noticed any post coming from same source before? Of course not! Or maybe the OP right there in that thread?! haha

image.thumb.png.119f795e4fdc3490b81e63c9e36794bd.png

It is a single post and straight addressed to me... WOW What an honour! LOL

It's not hard to make the connection with my entries there along in that exact thread, where anyone can easily clear up what side I am and why certain obscure poster who decided to join on November 28 and took a precious time to write a lame single ad hominem attack against this humble scribe here of yours... Sounds easy when there's no ban hammer back. On November 28, same date, last visited : X

Yes, it is suspicious but to each their own. Seems someone I somehow may have hurt with my opinion and input wanted to drive me silent. End of story.

So, the same concern you have I share it with you. Of course, we may choose different camera topics to talk about. Also because we have different needs, obvious actual separate routes of life, professional ones of our own, of course, your focus can be another one and mine a distinct one.

I think we usually tend to pay attention to what fits our current scope. If we want to look for a certain type of gear, we are not focused on something which can constitute the main subject of your editorial line. And I certainly respect this. I cannot guess before you say it. Once alerted I can only show to you my cooperation and clarification. It's not an essay, Andrew, even though every single individual has a style of his/her own. I figure out you want to express your care that I may not feel it personally. I don't. That's all OK! As written and very sincerely, I follow your concern and you can check I even ended attacked when doing the same to address such identical concern of yours.

That said and now as part of your audience and fellow user who appreciates to be here with you and share your passion, I'd truly love you could not leave out of your radar such lovely promise Ace Pro and Back-Bone releases look like to be. No less for GoPro releases each year. Let's not confound it with crappy copycats, these manufacturers don't deserve their treatment IMO, far to be. Take a look on your diligence about shooting raw video on a mobile phone... to only mention this typical case of your enthusiasm we cannot particularly or evidently demand but hope for. As someone who also wrote there and a couple of us concurred immediately after, if not other, for fun -- isn't it the first reason why we are here, after all? Yes, not all oh yeah, but I am glad I still know who and where I am ; )

:- )

• 2 weeks later...

LOL : ) A book requires a bit more though. Let alone those with different volumes... : P

There's no book nor even a booklet without readers, so I think we should be all here honoured with your attention ; ) The finest example of it you have in that infamous thread mentioned up there which along these two weeks has already reached 16 pages so far... *cough cough* yet requires a bit more to be considered like that.

There are books and books and different ones for very distinct readers who also speak volumes about the books they're used to read ;- )