How do i make a flashing lights practical effect like this

kaylee

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Many small cheap LED lights have built in options like this.

I use it all the time shooting dancing pictures and video at weddings.

There are single colour flashing options, multi colour, lightning effects, emergency services, fire…

I’d buy 2 and have one set to lightning flashing one angle and the other set to a colour of your choice flashing from another angle.

The randomness of the pair should achieve what you are looking for?

• Super Members

I have a bunch of these Weeylite S03 RGB lights.

They are very flexible in terms of what you can do with them and the app used to control them is very good when it comes to creating those sort of effects as it has a bunch of different presets which you can then modify yourself.

Lights can be controlled in groups or individually via the app and you can save your own scenes for later recall.

They are around $20-25 dollars although depending on the size of the room you might want to consider something bigger from the range that has more output.

https://viltroxstore.com/collections/rgb-lights

How about massive HMI lights to create the crazy over-exposure while shooting the light through motorizing reflective flags --which would be on some sort of a slit cylinder and forced through a big snoot?  That might create a neat randomizing strobe effect?

That idea might be more fun in theory than practice.  I bet it would look cool though.

I've also once made strobe type of effect for a cheap low-fi music vid simply by having a bunch of people turn the lights power on and off and rapidly while they were waving the light toward and away from the stage.  Very organic look when you have people do it. 😉