Cooling fans for camera

ntblowz

5 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

They might not be too badly impacted as you'd think, other than the general massive downturn in volume of productions made. 

As once the film has been processed and entered the digital workflow to be edited, the CGI/VFX is done with Super35 film no differently than if it had been shot on an ARRI ALEXA instead. 

I was talking about if digital didn't exist, not just if digital cameras didn't exist....   It's pretty difficult to dream up a scenario where digital cameras didn't exist, but for completely inexplicable reasons we still had digital film scanners, all digital image manipulation software, and then digital projectors.

I mean, how on earth could you scan film but not be able to scan the world directly?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, kye said:

I was talking about if digital didn't exist, not just if digital cameras didn't exist....   

So you'd even be editing in an analog basis?? Cutting and gluing strips of film together?? 😮 

1 hour ago, kye said:

I mean, how on earth could you scan film but not be able to scan the world directly?

It is quite different. Digital scanners / workflow existed for some years before fully 100% digital filmmaking became mainstream. 

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

So you'd even be editing in an analog basis?? Cutting and gluing strips of film together?? 😮 

No digital would mean that everything was analog...  

Of course, since we're playing completely made up and arbitrary alternative universes, you could end up with super high resolution analog where analog tapes had ever-increasing numbers of lines and the analog circuitry became lower and lower noise and so DR went up, etc.

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

It is quite different. Digital scanners / workflow existed for some years before fully 100% digital filmmaking became mainstream. 

But a digital scanner is a device with an array of photosensitive electronics that could output a digital representation of the light that was detected...  but so is a camera.  If you can come up with some sort of fictional law of physics that prevents one technology but not the other then good luck - I can't think of one.

The only thing I could think of would be speed - that maybe the sensors are too insensitive and film can only be scanned in very slowly with long exposures required for each frame or something, but even then, tech advances so quickly that we'd simply innovate past this point and get to where digital cameras were practical again, so this limitation doesn't fulfil the rules of this fictional scenario.