YouTube Premium Enhanced Bitrate feature

kye

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It seems that it's only being tested on web, and that it still needs more work...

I click on it, it says I need Premium membership (which is odd considering I'm logged in and the YT logo says "Premium"), then when I click on the "Get Premium" button it takes me to a page that says the offer isn't available and I need to go into settings to manage my subscriptions and purchases.

I'm part of a YT Premium Family Sharing account, so maybe that's the issue.

I did a "Send Feedback", which thanks to the ability to attach a screenshot was pretty straightforward in showing the issue.

Interestingly, there's no ticket number or anything - you pitch your feedback into the void and that's it apparently.  As a paying customer normally that buys you some kind of human support, I guess not with YT?  Or maybe not for me as I'm in the family account but I'm not the account that paid for it.

2 hours ago, kaylee said:

i have premium. my account. not seeing this. on some videos only?

It appears to only be on videos uploaded at 1080p, not those with 1440 or 4K etc.

I could also be in a test group potentially..

Wow, the option has now disappeared for me!

It was on a bunch of videos I checked, but I remember specifically that it was on this one.  Have a look for yourself:

Maybe my feedback got me kicked out of the test group lol.

• 4 weeks later...

It's back!

I skipped through ARRIs YT channel to look for 1080p videos that had it, and I found a couple of interesting things:

• ARRI upload videos in all sorts of resolutions, 4K, 1080p, 1440p, even 720p, even recently
  • The 1080p uploads they did only have the Enhanced Bitrate option very recently - the 1080p ones uploaded more than a couple of months ago didn't have the option

This video has it:

Here's a comparison.  This is the 1080p video displayed full-screen on my UHD display and then a screen-grab taken.

Standard 1080p:

166700158_ScreenShot2023-07-14at11_59_11am.thumb.png.358bc54a91a2b682c77d3c260d1b24cf.png

Enhanced Bitrate 1080p:

587821269_ScreenShot2023-07-14at11_59_37am.thumb.png.6671bca1372dc68da922b1b8c51d4d65.png

Standard 1080p:

image.png.2d5a8b1e3d9bf3205a516d8aa3aef91c.png

Enhanced Bitrate 1080p:

image.png.ad9cfd64a7aa3b5bf8a39650419fa683.png

Oddly, it's not available on this 1080p upload, which is more recent than the above.

@kaylee  Do you have it enabled yet?