APS-C vs FF: a hybrid camera for 1000-1250 EUR (used)

SandKa

On 6/22/2022 at 4:55 PM, MrSMW said:

Personally...if it was me...I'd just get a decent phone and be done with it.

Ha, quoting myself…

Today I put my money where my mouth is and bought an iPhone 13 Pro.

It replaces:

1. IPhone 8 Plus that is literally falling apart. Some of the rear internals are exposed and it’s only being held together by an armored case.

2. Not buying a dedicated controller for my Air 2S because they cost as much as a decent phone so…

3. Action 2 

4. Any further thoughts over a ‘personal camera’.

The simple reality is I have my phone with me 24/7. A bit sad, but that’s what it is, a personal and business tool for so many things…

Phone, tv series and movies on the road (and I work away a lot) internet, e-mail, banking, video, photo, now with optical telephoto for the first time. It’s my book/reading library and zero transfer of stuff for social media because it’s mostly already in my phone. Yada yada yada…

The best camera you have got is the one you have with you.

Looking forward to seeing what it can do over the ‘old’ and knackered 8.

I suspect, night and day difference…

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

You can do ProRes with it if you bought one with enough memory. Pretty amazing what phones can do in this day and age. It will take all day to get the data out of the phone though, stupid lighting port is only USB 2.0

Apple at times does some dumb ass shit controlling the market.

Doubt I’d ever use it for anything serious that might require ProRes, ie ‘work’.

Well I will use it for work, but only SOOC social media.

Never been in a pinch where I have had to use my phone and have a ZV1 for that purpose anyway.

Nope, it’s simply a Swiss Army Knife that is more than a phone and more than a camera and though I have seen some pretty impressive stuff shot on a phone before, just not going to use it at that level even if I could.

The only thing I’m less keen on is the size. I would rather have had a mini, but I’m more a tele kind of guy than a wide angle with 50mm+ being my preferred focal length.

I do use wide and have 20, 24, 28 and 35 (mostly just 35) for various purposes, but more because I have to than want to for work purposes.

I mean I could impose a “I only shoot at 52.5mm” FOV on my clients, but I’d then need to put myself in the category ‘pretentious tosser’.