Found a Canon USA rep "customer service first"

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

Found somebody who needs a good dose of truth. Let's set the record straight with this Canon rep as customers.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1327837727266187/permalink/3065603700156239/?hc_location=ufi

The post permalink is only visible once you join the group.

Screenshot-2020-08-15-at-23.43.25.jpg

Please be polite.

I was a bit edgy and they banned me immediately.

The Canon rep who needs convincing is Charles Zablan in reply to the Torsten Christensen comment on the link to the EOSHD blog post.

I don't see much humility from him given that I just paid 4380 euros for a duffer.

I've put the screen grab below so you can find it in case permalink doesn't work properly.

Screenshot-2020-08-15-at-23.41.40.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Objectivity is invariably a weapon and a good one of ours to base credible grounds about.

Keep going your hard work to let it up and flow...

Truth comes to the surface, no matter what or where they want to go with their BS.

More than lies, they're damaging their reputation with crippling policies against who put the food on their table. Canon professional clientele can't be happy. They designed that thing on that purpose. To overheat.

13 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Some of the best poetry I've ever read on a camera FB group:

"For everyone saying they have been open and honest since day one, it’s just not true. 
It’s more like they have been compliant since day two."

I for one am really starting to feel like I have been supporting the wrong company for all of these years. This overheating issue has really opened my eyes to just how far Canon will go to maintain their product segmentation.  I was always frustrated by the little things Canon did, like put MJPEG only for 4K in my 5DIV, no dual slot recording for video, 1 card slot in the EOS R, no XLR module for any mirrorless or DSLR camera, not a single DSLR or mirrorless with unlimited recording time, clunky way to set a manual white balance, 1/200s flash sync speed, etc. But then I would see that color science and menu system and ergonomics and I would be reassured that I was still using the best system available.

But the more I look at how Panasonic stuffs every feature I keep waiting on Canon to provide into every body they build (even the "entry level" S5) and even Sony of all companies with their A7SIII (never thought I'd ever have anything good to say about a Sony camera), it is making me really rethink the ecosystem I have bought into. I don't make major changes to my gear lightly, and everything I have now just works within well known limitations; but if Canon keeps doing what its doing now I may make a decision to go all in on a new system and it would probably be Panasonic if they ever get their AF act together.