Best hybrid camera under 1000€

Anarboo

10 hours ago, heart0less said:

I'm in the market for some key light, as well! (Maybe we should continue our discussion in: Key Light Less Expensive Than Aputure so that we don't hijack this thread here)

Re: Godox and their quality - I know that Orie McGiness (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH7DEV5Ys50) has had a chance to work with both Godox SL-150 and a pair of Godox SL-60 simultaneously. He seems like a really nice guy, I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask him about it in the comments.

Re: Sokani - Gerald Undone mentions that it's loud, but, unfortunately, he doesn't provide any objective information like he did in a video about Godox SL-60. He says that both these lights suffer from noisy fans, though.

Scott Dumas tried powering the Sokani via V-Mount battery and D-Tap to DC adapter and, supposedly, it works without any issues, so there's hope one could use X-60 on some outside shoots.

There is one more light that caught my attention - Jinbei EF-II 60. Looks like a slightly altered Godox SL-60 that features a slot for two Sony NP-F batteries and it's allegedly a bit brighter than Godox. Unluckily, there is almost no info, no reviews about it, so you're buying a pig in a poke.
@Amazeballs happens to be the only person I know that owns it and he's quite happy with it, isn't that right?

6 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

The Godox SL60 used to have a noisy fan but recent versions do not. Also you can replace the fan, its actually really simple. 

The SL60 fan replacement is definitely doable and actually not hard at all. I'm clueless when it comes to electronics and didn't know how to solder before I did my replacement. This step-by-step video was the ticket for teaching me how. The fan was cheap and I picked up a simple soldering iron from the local hardware store for less than 20 bucks and had the new fan installed in a jiff. It's been about six months and I've hauled the light around and set it up in multiple locations without a problem. Funny thing is, it's whisper quite now but I started using a Ninja V, which has a pretty damn noisy fan of it's own. Oh well.

I'd love to know if anyone had replaced the fans on Godox's SL-150 or 200. 

And if you're curious about fan noise comparisons, the same guy from the first video I linked did a shoot-out between the Godox, a Genaray and a Jinbei.

Sorry for joining in the thread hijack. If you can get an X-T3 for under $1,000, I'd say go for it. It's a great little tool for the budget filmmaker.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, EphraimP said:

The SL60 fan replacement is definitely doable and actually not hard at all. I'm clueless when it comes to electronics and didn't know how to solder before I did my replacement. This step-by-step video was the ticket for teaching me how. The fan was cheap and I picked up a simple soldering iron from the local hardware store for less than 20 bucks and had the new fan installed in a jiff. It's been about six months and I've hauled the light around and set it up in multiple locations without a problem. Funny thing is, it's whisper quite now but I started using a Ninja V, which has a pretty damn noisy fan of it's own. Oh well.

I'd love to know if anyone had replaced the fans on Godox's SL-150 or 200. 

And if you're curious about fan noise comparisons, the same guy from the first video I linked did a shoot-out between the Godox, a Genaray and a Jinbei.

Sorry for joining in the thread hijack. If you can get an X-T3 for under $1,000, I'd say go for it. It's a great little tool for the budget filmmaker.

I've done it on other lights. I plan on doing it on my Godox 200 tho