Any BMPocketCC owners in Los Angeles?

Shane Essary

Hey guys, 

I know everyone's busy out there, but does anyone have a BMPCC here in Los Angeles that would have some spare time to shoot a few minutes of test footage using my Kinor 16 lenses?  I have: 6mm fisheye, 10mm, 20mm, 25mm, and 10-100mm zoom and the kinor->mft adapter.  I'd like to just meet up, shoot something that gives an idea of actual sensor coverage, etc, and then take the footage and put it together to throw up on youtube/vimeo for reference.  

Let me know, maybe I can cover gas or take you out to all you can eat korean barbeque!  :D

-Shane

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'm in LA but I just returned my BMPCC.  I just was not satisfied with the ergonomics and the color rendition in low light.

But you might want to hit up Peter E. Price on Vimeo.  He and I traded a little bit of conversation about the BMPCC. He's got one.  Just search Vimeo's users for his name and send him a message.

I'm not a pro colorist, so take my advice with a grain of salt. But in my experience, the color rendition of Sony and Canon 8-bit cameras in low light is better than the BMPCC's.  BMPCC's color is simply too desaturated and brownish to be recovered fully.  If anyone has evidence otherwise, I'd love to see well-saturated low light footage from BMPCC.

Thanks mate. I'm just so confused about it. Some people say it is pretty much the same as the bmcc, saying that is miles away from 8 bits dslrs. They are the same people who work with alexas and reds and they match them with bmcc in post. Also, there are people saying that the pocket is sh*t, it looks so brown (i noticed this on loads of posted footage), that is so noisy... I suppose I'll have to buy/borrow one and see it with my own eyes. 

Sorry for the off-topic Shane!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, 

I know everyone's busy out there, but does anyone have a BMPCC here in Los Angeles that would have some spare time to shoot a few minutes of test footage using my Kinor 16 lenses?  I have: 6mm fisheye, 10mm, 20mm, 25mm, and 10-100mm zoom and the kinor->mft adapter.  I'd like to just meet up, shoot something that gives an idea of actual sensor coverage, etc, and then take the footage and put it together to throw up on youtube/vimeo for reference.  

Let me know, maybe I can cover gas or take you out to all you can eat korean barbeque!   :D

-Shane

Hey there Shane, my name is Arthur and I used to live in Los Angeles. I now reside in Ontario, but would be willing to drive out to LA this week to conduct those tests if you'd cover my gas. I have the proper card for raw capture if you want to go that route as well. Let me know! I'm excited to see what may come out of these tests.