Sign in to follow this  
roccoforte

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera, anamorphic lens.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Actually, no. This is with the Bolex. The Iscomorphot is great, by the way, here are some video stills I shot with it - http://imgur.com/a/WBA8g

It's interesting, since buying the Blackmagic, I've been able to use wider lenses of course and I got a Nikon AIS 28mm which is SUPER sharp and I love it, plus it works really, really well with the Bolex. I bought the isco because I was sick of double focussing BUT since getting the Nikon, I almost don't have to double focus with it anymore because it's so good. I can actually rack focus. Somehow double focussing is not a big deal like it was before (with any other 50mm lens (Helios, Canon etc.) that I used on the Canon body).

The other thing is that when I put the isco on the Nikon 28mm, it doesn't work exactly at infinity. I have to still double focus (a little) and bring it back from infinity a bit. AND then I can't take advantage of the Nikon's brilliant sharpness because I obviously can't move it beyond close to infinity. Hope that makes sense. By the way, the Canon 40mm Pancake is really good with the isco too, I've noticed.

So, I want to find a great wide lens for the isco thats super sharp at infinity but, um, I'm broke now after all this ;o) haha.

Can you explain a bit more on which anamorphic converter did you use, on which lenses and else?

I'm relatively new to anamorphic in video, particularly optical converters.

How you desanamorphize it during edit?

What's the widest you can go without vignetting?

I'm using a BMPCC with just a Panasonic 12-35 - really good lens, IS, 2.8 constant etc - think its 58mm filter size.

Wondering if the Bolex would work with it? The Pana is what, 35-100 in full frame terms?