Jump to content

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, Towd said:

Another great film @mojo43!  I always try to catch your work. 

I noticed a lot of complicated transitions in this one-- maybe more than most.  Very effective at maintaining a fast and immersive pace.  Anway, great work again.👍

Thank you... I wanted to get out of hand a bit on this one and just have fun. Hopefully it wasn't too much :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mojo43 said:

Thank you... I wanted to get out of hand a bit on this one and just have fun. Hopefully it wasn't too much :)

Naw, I think it worked very well.  I love seeing people push ideas and experimenting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2019 at 11:34 AM, mojo43 said:

Thank you... I wanted to get out of hand a bit on this one and just have fun. Hopefully it wasn't too much :)

Not too much but definitely at the upper end of that genre.

Considering it's already been raised, I wonder what your impressions are (as someone who pushing this genre) of the future of this style of film making?  Some say it's innovative and entertaining, and others say that it's using fireworks to replace story (as I would suggest many Hollywood action films are guilty of) and the associated kick-back from this style of film-making, as well as the Vlog style from Casey Neistat / Peter McKinnon where the lesser practitioners rely on B-roll over content.

Is this style still evolving?  or has it peaked?  What's next?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kye said:

Not too much but definitely at the upper end of that genre.

Considering it's already been raised, I wonder what your impressions are (as someone who pushing this genre) of the future of this style of film making?  Some say it's innovative and entertaining, and others say that it's using fireworks to replace story (as I would suggest many Hollywood action films are guilty of) and the associated kick-back from this style of film-making, as well as the Vlog style from Casey Neistat / Peter McKinnon where the lesser practitioners rely on B-roll over content.

Is this style still evolving?  or has it peaked?  What's next?

Interesting discussion. I believe that it has peaked for people who watch and have watched travel videos since the beginning (like myself). There will of course be other styles that come out that will push it further, but essentially I feel like it is becoming more of a cliché than anything. Story is what will change the genre in the future imo. This video however was us going out and shooting for fun. We are pretty much always shooting what the client wants so it was nice to put story aside and just shoot some fun transition shots in an epic place where no one really films travel videos haha...

That all being said, most of the world has never seen a travel video with transitions like this and are still new to this genre. We were specifically targeting an Asian audience with this video so hopefully it will be new to them and Taiwanese people will see Taiwan like they have never seen it before.

Thanks for opening up an the discussion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mojo43 said:

Interesting discussion. I believe that it has peaked for people who watch and have watched travel videos since the beginning (like myself). There will of course be other styles that come out that will push it further, but essentially I feel like it is becoming more of a cliché than anything. Story is what will change the genre in the future imo. This video however was us going out and shooting for fun. We are pretty much always shooting what the client wants so it was nice to put story aside and just shoot some fun transition shots in an epic place where no one really films travel videos haha...

That all being said, most of the world has never seen a travel video with transitions like this and are still new to this genre. We were specifically targeting an Asian audience with this video so hopefully it will be new to them and Taiwanese people will see Taiwan like they have never seen it before.

Thanks for opening up an the discussion!

Have you noticed differences in style between different cultures or countries? In a sense these videos are in the universal language of visuals and audio, although the music YouTubers I follow have shown me that there are still interesting differences in music between cultures.

I'm curious to hear what differences or preferences might exist, especially because I'm not attuned enough to see them myself if I watch foreign content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kye said:

Have you noticed differences in style between different cultures or countries? In a sense these videos are in the universal language of visuals and audio, although the music YouTubers I follow have shown me that there are still interesting differences in music between cultures.

I'm curious to hear what differences or preferences might exist, especially because I'm not attuned enough to see them myself if I watch foreign content.

There are so many differences. I am just really privy to the nuances of what they are. Normally we are hired to bring in a westerner's point of view to a country. For example  our last couple of gigs were in Japan and their culture is pretty much the complete opposite of ours, but we weren't there to shoot like a person from Japan would or else they would have hired someone from there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...