Mirrorless camera for long form content?

Danielius

2 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

Focus assist features, better 1080p codec, V-log, much better battery life, etc. I love the G85 and would personally choose it over a GH4 (in fact I did!), but it is missing some of these cinema camera features first found in the GH4 and expanded on in the GH5. 

Yeah I mean you can find a used GH4 for $400 these days, thats a little over $1000 with Ninja V. Thats a bit cheaper than a used GH5 but not by a lot. Also even with a Ninja V the GH4 is still far behind the GH5 capabilities. If there was a cheaper external recording option it would be more valuable. 

The GH4 is not a bad camera on its own though. Definitely has limitations. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

What does a used GH5 go for, a couple hundred dollars more than that combo? Seems like a no brainer for the GH5

Otherwise put that $400 to a G85

As 8bit vlog isn't exactly appealing, and battery life is already pretty good in all Panasonics anyway, etc 

GH4 is not even close to an GH5, there are other solutions if you try to buy from the bottom.

I do not see Panasonic do a lot more than their S releases this year, and GH5 is still the top video orientated mirrorless. The only thing they can do is lower the price a bit now, and a little more again before Christmas and release a new one - probably 8K - early spring of 2020, and again they will be ahead of the bunch.

4 hours ago, IronFilm said:

What does a used GH5 go for, a couple hundred dollars more than that combo? Seems like a no brainer for the GH5

Otherwise put that $400 to a G85

As 8bit vlog isn't exactly appealing, and battery life is already pretty good in all Panasonics anyway, etc 

Yeah I was saying if their was a cheaper external recording option. 

The GH5 battery life was considerably less than the GH4 though. IBIS really killed it I think.