Short Nikon Z6/Canon FD lenses video

tomsemiterrific

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I actually watched that video I talked to you on Facebook about it briefly.

I'm assuming that was on the Nikon site??!? Don't recall the exchange. I do note as a video guy I did not feel well received on the Nikon FB pages. Very different kind of folk from those on the Fuji pages. I actually got IMMEDIATELY kicked off one Nikon site when, after saying how good the Nikon was for video, I asked if any one would be interested in starting or joining a Nikon for Videographers FB page.  Mind you, I had just joined that page and wasn't trying to "steal" any members. I just wanted to find others who shot the Nikon and liked video.

• Super Members
8 hours ago, tomsemiterrific said:

Still on the fence regarding whether I will consider buying the S1... I'm not quite sure if I can get the adapters I need for my third party lenses.

7 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

You are right on adapters as the S1 mount is new right now. 

I don't want to labour the point over the adapters for the S1's L mount but here is a list of those that have been available for a few years now from Kipon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/leicarumors.com/2017/03/12/kipon-adapters-for-leica-m-and-sl-mounts.aspx/amp/

Since that list was made they have also added the Canon FD adapter to it as well.

Novoflex do a smart EF adapter with AF control as well.

So the only lens type where there ISN'T an adapter available for it is the E mount.

Which is where the Z mount will reign supreme when TechArt release their upcoming E to Z adapter;)

To the broader point though, I'm not sure I'd see much in the new Panasonics to sway me over the Z6 if I was looking for a FF system. The Z6 and the Ninja V combo is looking to me to be the sweet spot right now against all of them.

52 minutes ago, tomsemiterrific said:

I'm assuming that was on the Nikon site??!? Don't recall the exchange. I do note as a video guy I did not feel well received on the Nikon FB pages. Very different kind of folk from those on the Fuji pages. I actually got IMMEDIATELY kicked off one Nikon site when, after saying how good the Nikon was for video, I asked if any one would be interested in starting or joining a Nikon for Videographers FB page.  Mind you, I had just joined that page and wasn't trying to "steal" any members. I just wanted to find others who shot the Nikon and liked video.

Never underestimate the potential for people to take online comments the wrong way, or just emotional insecurity and immaturity.

One of my favourite things to say to people is that most people don't grow up or become adults, they just get older.  It gets a few laughs normally, often enthusiastic agreement, but it's kind of the opposite of a joke because it's mostly true, and I only say it when the subject of someone being a total !@#%^ comes up in conversation.  I'd rather have a different saying on repeat, but alas..

8 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

I don't want to labour the point over the adapters for the S1's L mount but here is a list of those that have been available for a few years now from Kipon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/leicarumors.com/2017/03/12/kipon-adapters-for-leica-m-and-sl-mounts.aspx/amp/

Since that list was made they have also added the Canon FD adapter to it as well.

Novoflex do a smart EF adapter with AF control as well.

So the only lens type where there ISN'T an adapter available for it is the E mount.

Which is where the Z mount will reign supreme when TechArt release their upcoming E to Z adapter;)

To the broader point though, I'm not sure I'd see much in the new Panasonics to sway me over the Z6 if I was looking for a FF system. The Z6 and the Ninja V combo is looking to me to be the sweet spot right now against all of them.

thank you so much for your link and comments. Good advise. I don't disagree with your assessment of the situation. It will take a lot for me to move off the Nikon. The more I shoot it the better I like it. What would cause me to switch? Certainly not 10 bit. Most of my stuff is YouTube videos---I just don't need 10 bit 97% of the time. 

If the Panasonic's IQ and color are pretty much the equivalent of the Nikon (that a remains to be seen---especially with skin tones) and Nikon does not improve the things I mentioned in my Z6 review and the S1 provides the shooting features similar to the GH5 I might seriously consider switching. Not being able to punch in to check focus while recording, not having zebras and peaking simultaneously, etc make shooting 3rd party, hand held MF unnecessarily difficult. Presently, IMO the Fuji X-H1 does it best---wonderful fun to shoot. I just wish the IBIS was as good as the Nikon, but, alas, its not where I would like it.