Why the GH5 is better than the Pocket4k. Argue here

A_Urquhart

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 minutes ago, Mako Sports said:

Its not better than P4K only because the 2 simply shouldn't be compared. The GH5 is a video camera and the P4K is a cinema camera. This is another apples to oranges comparison..

I'd go one further and say the GH5 is a stills camera with great video (Hybrid camera really) while the Pocket4k is a dedicated video/cinema camera but same, same.....

1 minute ago, A_Urquhart said:

I'd go one further and say the GH5 is a stills camera with great video while the Pocket4k is a dedicated video/cinema camera but same, same.....

ehhhh not really, GH5 has never been touted as this amazing stills camera, not to the extent of the Canon 5D and Sony A7 Line.

• Super Members
2 minutes ago, Mako Sports said:

ehhhh not really, GH5 has never been touted as this amazing stills camera, not to the extent of the Canon 5D and Sony A7 Line.

No but it is a stills camera. Otherwise putting a mechanical shutter in it would be a huge over kill.
Its also shaped pretty much as a stills camera :)

(But I get what you mean and  kinda agree. Panasonic realized that they have  hard time competing in the pro stills arena.)

1 minute ago, Andrew Reid said:

Do you work for Blackmagic?

And isn't it my job to moderate the forum?

Nope, I don't work for Blackmagic. I just own their camera and want to discuss it with people and share experiences but the constant arguments comparing it to other cameras is getting tiring.

I suppose it is your job, I just made it a little easier for you. It's OK, you don't have to thank me ?