Jump to content
capitanazo

bmpcc4k t5 alternative?

Recommended Posts

Hi, im getting ready to get my bmpcc4k ready for the launch, and im decided that usb-c ssd would be my best alternative for record.

now i got a chance to record with alexa mini, and some red cameras but one of the requeriments is i have is to had 1 ssd at least.

so i was thinking in get some ssd and buy a case to usb-c 3.1 to have the option to use te same ssd for work with the red and alexa cameras and

my bmpcc4k.

so, https://www.amazon.com/Satechi-Aluminum-2-5-inch-Enclosure-Interface/dp/B01FWT2N4E this case can do the work?

its there any other requeriment on bmpcc4k for use usb-c ssd?

Bye!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 9/6/2018 at 1:32 AM, capitanazo said:

Hi, im getting ready to get my bmpcc4k ready for the launch, and im decided that usb-c ssd would be my best alternative for record.

now i got a chance to record with alexa mini, and some red cameras but one of the requeriments is i have is to had 1 ssd at least.

so i was thinking in get some ssd and buy a case to usb-c 3.1 to have the option to use te same ssd for work with the red and alexa cameras and

my bmpcc4k.

so, https://www.amazon.com/Satechi-Aluminum-2-5-inch-Enclosure-Interface/dp/B01FWT2N4E this case can do the work?

its there any other requeriment on bmpcc4k for use usb-c ssd?

Bye!

If you don't mind the size then this will be cheaper than the Samsung T5.

All you need is an enclosure (lots out there so look around, as you might find cheaper & be careful, as you should be getting Read/Write speeds of about 400 min - should be over 500 if it's a good enclosure) & the Samsung SSD 860 evo (has the best TBW or lifespan), there are other brands which might be cheaper. This solution will be cheaper, but bigger than the T5 - that's why the T5 is so much more expensive.

I've gone this way for external storage (also can double as hard drive to boot from), but didn't bother with an enclosure & just got a cable - a lot cheaper & faster read/write speeds than the T5 (mine gets well over 500 for R/W speeds).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

If you don't mind the size then this will be cheaper than the Samsung T5.

All you need is an enclosure (lots out there so look around, as you might find cheaper & be careful, as you should be getting Read/Write speeds of about 400 min - should be over 500 if it's a good enclosure) & the Samsung SSD 860 evo (has the best TBW or lifespan), there are other brands which might be cheaper. This solution will be cheaper, but bigger than the T5 - that's why the T5 is so much more expensive.

I've gone this way for external storage (also can double as hard drive to boot from), but didn't bother with an enclosure & just got a cable - a lot cheaper & faster read/write speeds than the T5 (mine gets well over 500 for R/W speeds).

nicee!

i would start looking, here in my country sell t5 has double of the price, so the sdd and enclosure would be awesome.

my only concern its maybe bus powered is a requeriment for record on bmpcc4k and if enclosoure will power it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, capitanazo said:

nicee!

i would start looking, here in my country sell t5 has double of the price, so the sdd and enclosure would be awesome.

my only concern its maybe bus powered is a requeriment for record on bmpcc4k and if enclosoure will power it up.

I think only the HDD need external power. And any enclosure that needs external power will have 2 cables coming from it.

I use this wire & the SSD gets powered by the computer:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sabrent-2-5-Inch-Adapter-Optimized-EC-SS31/dp/B014T3JRFM/ref=sr_1_sc_2?tag=macr0e-21&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1480434478&sr=1-2-spell&keywords=sabremt%2Busb3%2Bto%2Bssd&th=1

It's exactly the same as the T5, so the camera will power the SSD. Be careful of which enclosure you get, as some aren't great & actually slow down the Read/Write rates, which might mean you might not be able to record. Personally, when I get the P4K I am just going to use the SSD without an enclosure & just keep it in a jacket pocket because the SSD is already in a case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

heres a list of approved cards and ssd's

 

What CFast cards should I use with Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K?

The following CFast 2.0 cards are recommended for recording 4K DCI Lossless RAW up to 30 fps.

AngelbirdAV PRO CF128GB

AngelbirdAV PRO CF256GB

AngelbirdAV PRO CF512GB

Komputerbay3400x CFast 2.0128GB

ProGrade Digital550MB/s CFast 2.0256GB

ProGrade Digital550MB/s CFast 2.0512GB

SanDiskExtreme Pro CFast 2.0 SDCFSP-64G-x46D64GB

SanDiskExtreme Pro CFast 2.0 SDCFSP-128G-x46D128GB

SanDiskExtreme Pro CFast 2.0 SDCFSP-256G-x46D256GB

SonyCFast 2.0 G Series CAT-G6464GB

SonyCFast 2.0 G Series CAT-G128128GB

WISECFast 2.0 3400x128GB

WISECFast 2.0 3400x256GB

WISECFast 2.0 3500x512GB

The following CFast 2.0 cards are recommended for recording 4K DCI 3:1 RAW up to 60 fps.

AngelbirdAV PRO CF128GB

AngelbirdAV PRO CF256GB

AngelbirdAV PRO CF512GB

KomputerBay3400x CFast 2.0128GB

ProGrade Digital550MB/s CFast 2.0256GB

ProGrade Digital550MB/s CFast 2.0512GB

SanDiskExtreme Pro CFast 2.0 SDCFSP-64G-x46D64GB

SanDiskExtreme Pro CFast 2.0 SDCFSP-128G-x46D128GB

SanDiskExtreme Pro CFast 2.0 SDCFSP-256G-x46D256GB

SonyCFast 2.0 G Series CAT-G6464GB

SonyCFast 2.0 G Series CAT-G128128GB

WISECFast 2.0 3400x128GB

WISECFast 2.0 3400x256GB

WISECFast 2.0 3400x512GB

The following CFast 2.0 cards are recommended for recording 4K DCI ProRes HQ up to 60 fps.

AngelbirdAVpro CF128GB

AngelbirdAVpro CF256GB

AngelbirdAVpro CF512GB

KomputerBay3400x CFast 2.0128GB

ProGrade Digital550MB/s CFast 2.0256GB

ProGrade Digital550MB/s CFast 2.0512GB

SanDiskExtreme Pro CFast 2.0 SDCFSP-64G-x46D64GB

SanDiskExtreme Pro CFast 2.0 SDCFSP-128G-x46D128GB

SanDiskExtreme Pro CFast 2.0 SDCFSP-256G-x46D256GB

SonyCFast 2.0 G Series CAT-G6464GB

SonyCFast 2.0 G Series CAT-G128128GB

WISECFast 2.0 3400x128GB

WISECFast 2.0 3400x256GB

WISECFast 2.0 3400x512GB

What SD cards should I use with Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K?

The following SD cards are recommended for recording 4K DCI 4:1 RAW up to 60 fps.

SonyTough SF-G64T64GB

SonyTough SF-G128T128GB

ToshibaExceria Pro UHS-II N502 SDXC32GB

The following SD cards are recommended for recording 1080p Lossless RAW up to 60 fps.

WISESDXC UHS-II64GB

WISESDXC UHS-II128GB

SonyTough SF-G64T64GB

SonyTough SF-G128T128GB

ToshibaExceria Pro UHS-II N502 SDXC32GB

ToshibaExceria Pro UHS-II N502 SDXC64GB

ToshibaExceria Pro UHS-II N502 SDXC128GB

ToshibaExceria Pro UHS-II N502 SDXC256GB

The following SD cards are recommended for recording 4K DCI Lossless RAW up to 24 fps.

WISESDXC UHS-II64GB

WISESDXC UHS-II128GB

ToshibaExceria Pro UHS-II N502 SDXC32GB

SonyTough SF-G64T64GB

SonyTough SF-G128T128GB

The following SD cards are recommended for recording 4K DCI ProRes HQ up to 60 fps.

WISESDXC UHS-II64GB

WISESDXC UHS-II128GB

SonyTough SF-G64T64GB

SonyTough SF-G128T128GB

What USB‑C drives should I use with Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K?

The following USB-C drives are recommended for recording 4K DCI Lossless RAW up to 30 fps.

AngelbirdSSD2GO PKT512GB

AngelbirdSSD2GO PKT2TB

WISEPortable SSD256GB

WISEPortable SSD512GB

SamsungPortable SSD T51TB

The following USB-C drives are recommended for recording 4K DCI 3:1 RAW up to 60 fps.

AngelbirdSSD2GO PKT512GB

AngelbirdSSD2GO PKT2TB

WISEPortable SSD256GB

WISEPortable SSD512GB

SamsungPortable SSD T5500GB

SamsungPortable SSD T51TB

The following USB-C drives are recommended for recording 4K DCI ProRes HQ up to 60 fps.

AngelbirdSSD2GO PKT512GB

AngelbirdSSD2GO PKT2TB

GlyphAtom500GB

SamsungPortable SSD T5500GB

SamsungPortable SSD T51TB

SandiskExtreme Portable SSD1TB

WISEPortable SSD256GB

WISEPortable SSD512GB

ssd's seemed to have dropped in price the last couple of days, i swear msy  a computer shop in my country had the t5 1t listed for $395 a few days ago.someone said that b&h were having a special on ssd so i had a look $ 316 damn that was tempting so i had another look at msy their now $329 looks like their about $70 cheaper at the moment  it seems, not sure how long that will last. if their the same price next pay day i'm grabbing one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...