Sony Mavica digital camera help

ganoxodusa

Hi,

I got the sony digital mavica camera last year for about 1000 dollar (I know Im a moron) now there 500. But ever time I put a floppy disk in it says "format error" and I formated it in the computer and I took it to sony store and they said it would cost 100 to repair(I think is a scam) I tryed memory sticks too and same error. Any way around paying 100 or am I just screwed??

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:

https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=795653
Creative Marketing Company

Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Those Floppy Disk cameras were really something!

I borrowed one from work one day and went out shooting, giving the camera the best fighting chance by taking shots in full sunlight.  Behold the brilliance of how well the tech did, even in those days, when used in forgiving conditions :)

ggggMVC-056F-optimised.thumb.jpg.cbe7cdc42b969a4f1c5c58a07619e97f.jpg

gggMVC-019F.thumb.JPG.45a08e8945c4ca4985af3ec2900e9434.JPG

ggggMVC-058F.thumb.JPG.e812a2bd04419aaaaab695791c37fa5e.JPG

If the timestamps are correct, these were 2003, but who knows - these files have moved from HDD to HDD over and over and over during their existence :)

5 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

I had two different ones back in the day. I Loved them. I think they are only like 2mp but they got the job done at the time. And the disks were super cheap also. What I think they held like 16 shots??

Yeah, something like that.  IIRC the shots I looked at yesterday were about 250Kb?  I would have been maxing out all the settings - I remember I took about 20 disks out shooting with me that day...  disk space to BURN!!

10 hours ago, kye said:

Yeah, something like that.  IIRC the shots I looked at yesterday were about 250Kb?  I would have been maxing out all the settings - I remember I took about 20 disks out shooting with me that day...  disk space to BURN!!

Bet you were the coolest kid in town that day!

Ahhh.... the Mavica....

It was actually great for getting a lot of (poor quality) product shots on to a website real quickly.

I remember the day I sold it and got an Olympus 3030 Zoom instead. One of the only affordable little cameras that had a hot shoe mount. I put a PC Sync shoe in the hot shoe and used that to run my Paul C. Buff White Lightning (the Original Coffee Can) strobes.

Good times.