Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Reid

Which Compact Flash card for 5D Mark III raw video?

Okay great, thanks Andrew. My bench marks are now showing that buffer=16384k is about 91MB/s with global draw off. With global draw on it's 76MB/s.

Is this still too slow?

:(

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Is there a guide that will show you how to benchmark your card for 5th grade brains like me?

It's really disheartening to know that I'm going to have to gamble with Komputerbay cards until I get one that writes above 100mbs. Ideally I'd keep playing until I got one that peaked at 120mbs. 

Has Komputerbay been able to sort out what exactly causes the differences in write speeds? 

The moment someone comes along and provides a card that GUARANTEES good write speeds I will be violently throwing my money in their faces.

I'm willing to pay decent change to get a good write speed, I just wish I didn't have to gamble for it -.-

Has anyone tested the Komputerbay 128GB 1050x cards? I ordered two of the 128GB 1000x cards before reading Andrew's raw shooters guide. Apparently the ones I ordered arent quite fast enough for continuous recording? After I read this I saw the 1050x cards, hoping they will work!

Okay, just ordered 2x Komputerbay 64Gb 1000x cards to try out. Concern though, I've read in the ML forum and amazon reviews of these cards corrupting clips after mounting to a Mac. Any confirmation on this? Is there a reliable/proven workflow for formatting, recording, offloading media from these cards? I have both a PC and a Mac, assuming PC is the safest since all the problems I have read come from Mac users. 

I ordered two a couple of weeks ago.  The first one corrupted files from the get-go.  Sent it back.  The second one writes ok, but loses files occasionally & transfers back to my PC at a snail's pace.  Even still images transfer very slowly.

Komputerbay cards are certainly "buyer beware."

mine lock up and died unrecognizable unformatable in both pc and 5d without even installing the hack

sent it back for a refund

I use Toshiba 1066x 64GB cards. 5D3, 1920x1080. When raw file size reaches 43GB buffers start overflow and recording rate goes down. When raw file size reaches 47GB drop frame takes place and recording stops (Frame skipping -off in ML). Is it normal?