Best Travel Compact Camera for Video and Still ?

alohakid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Fuji x100s (expensive) obviously not as pocketable as the rx100 but its got almost FF low light capability. And for me, that was key, since so much "shoot anywhere work" is low light and social events.

Ideally, I think you'd have a rx100 in your quick to get pocket, the X100s in a slightly harder to get pocket, and a 53mk3 in your man bag with a zoom in it and a 50mm prime. :)

I've shot so much video with the RX100 I should write a book on it.  This camera just performs amazingly in almost all lighting.  It also shoots a true 1080p with a Super 16mm sensor.  The only main drawback for NTSC shooters is that it doesn't do 24p.

If you do NEX-5n with the cheapo $200 chinese Speedbooster knockoff and a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 50mm pancake AIS lens, you can have a capable full-frame-ish hybrid camera for around $600-650.  That's pretty cool.  I've done a lot of shooting with this cam, and it can have a beautiful image in spite of low bitrate, low resolution, and overheating issues.