Are there ANY 1.4 Extenders for MFT to MFT out there?

PannySVHS

Hey guys,

would want an 1.4 extender for mft to mft mount and then put a cmount adapter on top of it, giving me optically s16 image circle on mft sensor for cmount lenses. So far there are only olympus and panasonic producing extenders for only one or two of their lenses.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Other than the 2 you've described... I doubt it. What you could possibly do is... take another system's teleconverter that's both able to adapt C-mount and adapt to M4/3?

E.g. the Sigma APO TC 1.4x DG in EF mount. EF-mount can be adapted to M43 and is able to adapt C-mount itself. Atleast... that's my theory... :grimace: (might be too much protruding parts to adapt the shallow C-mount adapter though).

If you are using the GH5, if you engage the EXT TEL option it will crop the sensor and leave about what you need for a 1" C-Mount Lens and it will save you about a stop of light over using a 1.4x optical extender.  If the EXT TEL crop is not enough, you can also engage the IBIS / sensor image stabilization and it will crop even more.

I have an Olympus 1.4x MTF extender and it is designed to go inside of the lens it attaches to so it will not work with a C-Mount lens.  There is an advantage to using full gate 6k recording when scanning the full sensor readout so in that case having an optical extender that allows you to cover the whole MTF sensor may have resolution benefits, but many C-Mount lens are not designed to resolve 6k, let alone 4k, so you may find using the extender hurts resolution more that if you just record 4k cropped without it.

On 3/9/2018 at 3:49 PM, Cinegain said:

Other than the 2 you've described... I doubt it. What you could possibly do is... take another system's teleconverter that's both able to adapt C-mount and adapt to M4/3?

E.g. the Sigma APO TC 1.4x DG in EF mount. EF-mount can be adapted to M43 and is able to adapt C-mount itself. Atleast... that's my theory... :grimace: (might be too much protruding parts to adapt the shallow C-mount adapter though).

Hey, thank you. I read about cmount lenses being modified to mounts like Nikon F in a rather dedicated effort.:) Cmount wouldnt adapt well to EF, because of its much shorter flange distance, afaik.

On 3/12/2018 at 12:29 AM, tweak said:

Why not get the fujinon 1.4x c-mount extender?

Hallo, is there one? Could you post a linke please? That would really be cool. I only found their native Fuji Xmount extenders for their Xpro and XT DSLM cameras. cheers

On 3/12/2018 at 8:15 PM, majoraxis said:

If you are using the GH5, if you engage the EXT TEL option it will crop the sensor and leave about what you need for a 1" C-Mount Lens and it will save you about a stop of light over using a 1.4x optical extender.  If the EXT TEL crop is not enough, you can also engage the IBIS / sensor image stabilization and it will crop even more.

I have an Olympus 1.4x MTF extender and it is designed to go inside of the lens it attaches to so it will not work with a C-Mount lens.  There is an advantage to using full gate 6k recording when scanning the full sensor readout so in that case having an optical extender that allows you to cover the whole MTF sensor may have resolution benefits, but many C-Mount lens are not designed to resolve 6k, let alone 4k, so you may find using the extender hurts resolution more that if you just record 4k cropped without it.

Hey, I dont have a GH5, so no additional 1.4 crop possible with my cams, only 2.4 via Extele or 2x with Digizoom with my Lumix cams. Extension by factor 1.4 would be perfect giving me the desired S16 for my S16 lens. So search still going on.:) cheers

I was only able to find a 2x fujinon c-mount extender. There are a few COMPUTAR 1.5X RANGE EXTENDER FOR C-MOUNT LENSES on ebay at the moment. Here's a link to one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/COMPUTAR-1-5X-RANGE-EXTENDER-C-MOUNT-LENS-ADAPTER-STOP-VIGNETTING-ON-YOUR-LENS/281811702249?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D44039%26meid%3D15fa69a1fdf540f1a1079ea17ef38429%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D281477203093%26itm%3D281811702249&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

The guy who is selling this, sells a lot of vintage c-mount lens so he may know if a 1.4x c-mount extender is available. His ebay ID is calkovsky-cinema-worldwide

One thing to consider is that the extender is designed to take the center part of the image and zoom in so you may still may have vignetting due to the design of the extender and the lens you are pairing it with.