Best 24-70mm f/2.8 lens for 4k videography (price not an issue)?

Charles.

7 hours ago, kaylee said:

yeah, thanks mercer~! im debating right now between your lens and the 24-105 f/4 IS version 1 (although v2 isnt much more expensive...)

i would TOTALLY go for a lens with a wider aperture but I want IS for video... decisions, decisions! 

EDIT: also, @mercer i watched this video

at work and my coworker who knows nothing about cameras was walking by and he was like, "What are you doin, watchin a movie? That looks really cinematic" ~ swear to God

Yeah, that guy did an awesome job with that video. Even my friends and family have looked at a few things I have shot and were surprised I shot it... LOL. Everything looks cinematic with the 5D3... gotta love it.

With the short I'm working on now, I have mainly used that 24-70mm f/4 lens entirely handheld and although it's not exactly tripod steady, or as steady as Olympus' IBIS, it's as steady as it would have been with my Nikkor 28mm lens and a monopod. For me that's good enough.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
12 hours ago, Charles. said:

I am planning on using the GH5 with a Metabones Speedbooster XL which is why I need a full frame Canon EF-mount.

I will try this combo (GH5 + SB ultra + 24-70 2.8 ii) in about 2 weeks & can give you some feedback. I think you should consider Ultra over XL too so that you can use some fine s35 lenses like Sigma 18-35 without experiencing vignette.

3 hours ago, Dimitris Stasinos said:

I will try this combo (GH5 + SB ultra + 24-70 2.8 ii) in about 2 weeks & can give you some feedback. I think you should consider Ultra over XL too so that you can use some fine s35 lenses like Sigma 18-35 without experiencing vignette.

Thanks, hope it works out well for you! 
I'v been having a hard time choosing between ultra or xl for the gh5 haha but it's definitely something I have been thinking of

• 1 year later...

I just got the Tamron 23-70 2.8 G2 for a stabilized lens when i'm in NY and don't want to take a gimbal. I noticed that even if I hold it really steady in once place, the footage shows a constant micro jump on the x axis. If I pan, it kind of sticks very subtly, then catches up every 10 degrees of rotation. The few reviews I saw, said that it was extremely stable, and did well with panning. I expected the panning to not be perfect, but is it supposed to do these weird micro jumps every 1 second on the x axis while holding steady?