m42 adapter

Lucian

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I bought some adapters on eBay, and was not completely happy with Them. They havr to be precision engineered, or else you could end up with some focus issues. The hole for the "lock pin" was also not 100% precise, too big, which caused some lens wooble - and the thread was not adjusted properly which meant, that the engraving/metering on the lens was facing downwards.

I ordered 2 other ones - this time from fotodiox - MUCH better quality.Two thumps up.

I have a Canon 550D, here are my experiences:

I also had issues with the hole for the lock pin, some adapters are good when new, but contstant usage makes the hole worse so now 2 of my 5 adapters are so loose, that when I turn the focusing ring on the lens, the AF chip turns away from the contacts in the Canon camera body so that the camera thinks the lens is screwed off and switches off recording and live view.

Chinese adapters are good, but search for branded items, or at least some that are not the cheapest.

most m42 lenses are fully manual so just buy a regular adaptor

I use these - they work!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Adapter-M42-lens-to-Canon-EOS-5D-10D-20D-30D-40D-50D-350D-450D-500D-550D-UK-/350762202549?pt=UK_Photography_CameraLenses_Lens_caps_hoods_adaptors_ET&hash=item51ab0e75b5

I dont bother with metering and auto fous on adaptors as I  dont need that stuff

I do it all manual for shooting film

What sort of product do i need to mount m42 lenses on canon dslrs

or GH2's?

does qaulity matter?

Thanks!

Quality is a primary consideration. I always buy a name brand (Fotiodox is a safe bet). Even better is this Bower:

http://www.amazon.com/Bower-Screw-Mount-M42-Canon-Adapter/dp/B000Z3W6W2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1365818896&sr=8-2&keywords=m42+lens+adapter+canon

More expensive, but you know the machining is top quality (i.e., you won't strip threads).